Does any know if this is a good 7 string? I know Schecter has some good track experience, but i just wanted to make sure since i dont really know too much about 7 strings. I was looking to finally get one and kinda "Broaden my horizons," lol. Or if theres better 7 strings around that same price, let me know.

Thanks guys
Yeah they're pretty nice, i'd look around but its still a great guitar.
Smart Pothead and Proud
If you mean the Schecter C-7 Hellraiser then go buy it it's an awesome guitar hellraiser's are unbelievable guitars so i'd say you made a good choice the regular c-7 is good of course but not as good as the hellraiser or blackjack
Keep On Keepen' On
Last edited by JessyB96 at Jan 9, 2009,
What the Ibanes Xiphos... 707 i think? Its either that or the Shecter. Im not sure yet, and havent played them, but thats what ive narrowed it to since i cant really find too many
Ibanez RG 7321, I own one. It's recently been surpassed by my 8 string
Depends really what you're after in a neck profile at that sorta price range, the ibby RG7321 is a good bet if you're used to ibby necks, and likewise with Schecter and such. Some "in betweeners" to consider are agile as they have pretty standard necks as far as i'm aware.

...and as you're using this as a first time 7, you dont really wanting to be going all out on a decent model in case you dont get on with it very well.

If you give specs and a price range then im sure we could suggest more options that are open to you.
Last edited by hmmm_de_hum at Jan 9, 2009,
Get the schecter ATX 7 string, that thing is so sexy in every way
WTLTL 2011
Quote by hmmm_de_hum
Depends really what you're after in a neck profile at that sorta price range, the ibby RG7321 is a good bet if you're used to ibby necks, and likewise with Schecter and such. Some "in betweeners" to consider are agile as they have pretty standard necks as far as i'm aware.

...and as you're using this as a first time 7, you dont really wanting to be going all out on a decent model in case you dont get on with it very well.

If you give specs and a price range then im sure we could suggest more options that are open to you.

I dont really have a price range, thats why i was looking for something that was pretty decent, but still affordable, like the Shecter or the Xiphos
I just bought the Schecter C-7 Hellraiser a month ago. Its my first seven string guitar and so far I love it. The thing sounds amazing if you ask me. I'm no expert though. It plays metal very ,,very well. To my ears,, even on a clean channel it sounds great. Put the switch in the middle position and pull both the volume nobs up ( they pull up and push down depending on what kinda sound you want)and it sounds really good. My only complaint is the neck though. Granted its a 7 string the neck is just alittle on the bulky side. I have smaller hands so it kinda sucks. I got fairly use to it though within 2 weeks or so. I've played the Ibanez RG7321 already. I love the neck cause it makes for such an easy transition from a 6 to a 7. I hated the pickups though. To me they sound horrible,, no clarity whatsoever. I know you could always change them,, but too me why should you have to. They shouldn't have such a crappy pickup in them.
Quote by z28misfit
I just bought the Schecter C-7 Hellraiser a month ago. Its my first seven string guitar and so far I love it. The thing sounds amazing if you ask me. I'm no expert though. It plays metal very ,,very well. To my ears,, even on a clean channel it sounds great. Put the switch in the middle position and pull both the volume nobs up ( they pull up and push down depending on what kinda sound you want)and it sounds really good. My only complaint is the neck though. Granted its a 7 string the neck is just alittle on the bulky side. I have smaller hands so it kinda sucks. I got fairly use to it though within 2 weeks or so. I've played the Ibanez RG7321 already. I love the neck cause it makes for such an easy transition from a 6 to a 7. I hated the pickups though. To me they sound horrible,, no clarity whatsoever. I know you could always change them,, but too me why should you have to. They shouldn't have such a crappy pickup in them.

It's an entry level 7 string,so you shouldn't be surprised that it doesn't have great pups in it.I know first hand from one my friend owns that swapping out the pups for some DiMarzios turns that guitar into a beast,better than the hellraiser IMO since I hate fatter and glossy necks.

If you've played a 7 TS and know that you'll use one you can shop around and find a lot of older Ibanez models like the RG7620 used for a good deal.You might also want to look at the 7 string S series they make or the cheaper Korn siggy.

If you decide on Schecter I'd go for the ATX or Loomis models over the hellraiser if I were you.I've played all 3 and while the ATX and Loomis were nice,every hellraiser I've played just seemed too dressed up and didn't have the feeling or tone that makes the other two stand out.

You may also be able to find a Carvin DC727 or 747 model on the used market for a good price.

Hope this helps,good luck shopping.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.