If I wanted a synthesizer keyboard to get stuff like the electronica-ish intros and breaks on Underoath songs (example: "It's Dangerous Business Walking Out Your Front Door" 0:16 on through...then more noticeably at about 2:25) I also want those classic Rush "Tom Sawyer" kind of effects. What system would you recommend? I'd use it almost exclusively in recording. As for price, <$800 preferably but no more than $1000.

thanks...
The MicroKorg is always a good choice. I have one, and I love it. I'm pretty sure Underoath use a Nord Stage 88 (like everyone else in the world) but those things are a few grand last time I checked.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
The MicroKorg is always a good choice. I have one, and I love it. I'm pretty sure Underoath use a Nord Stage 88 (like everyone else in the world) but those things are a few grand last time I checked.

This is correct and the only thing you need to see.
Quote by Screeech!!!!
Stalin: sweet mustache
Hitler: sweet mustache
Pol Pot: cool name
Che Guevara: looks good on t-shirts

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Somebody get this guy a glass of milk

Yes, that is good BRING ME THE MILK
Quote by Sid McCall

i was looking at that...affordable too.
Quote by underoath0902
i was looking at that...affordable too.

MicroKorgs are your best bet unless you have an unlimited income.

I say get the microkorg, then if in time you want some more effects/playability get a kaoss pad...
Quote by Screeech!!!!
Stalin: sweet mustache
Hitler: sweet mustache
Pol Pot: cool name
Che Guevara: looks good on t-shirts

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Somebody get this guy a glass of milk

Yes, that is good BRING ME THE MILK
MicroKORG is a good choice unless you have huge hands and fingers. I have a korg r3, and it's got the full sized keys and everything. I think you can find them for around $500-$550.

EDIT:

Heres the link to it on amazon http://www.amazon.com/Korg-R3-Synthesizer-B-STOCK/dp/B000TUIE22/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=musical-instruments&qid=1231531788&sr=8-7
Last edited by TheTallOne at Jan 9, 2009,
i play a lot of underoath and my drummer got us a microkorg. its perfect for dangerous business and in regards to myself. the kaoss pad would be a good bet too
DECRESCENDO