Last night at work a notice was put up saying that as of Feb 1st, everyone at must wear black shoes. According to the management, we have to pay for them. I deal alot with unloading trucks, lots of pallets, forklifts and heavy skids around. I learned the hard way a few months ago that steel toed boots are a must. I wear standard tan coloured steel toed work boots, which I only got a few months ago. I'm just wondering what your guys opinion is on this? My boots are nearly brand new and I don't want to go out and spend $150 on a new pair just because of the colour, tan work boots are pretty standard I think.

So what do you think? Should I have to pay for new work boots just because of the colour?
I think you should take this up with your manager and not the pit.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by AnAngrySquirrel
Paint yours black?

What are you, Mick Jagger?

I'd ask them to at least put some money towards them.
Quote by AnAngrySquirrel
Paint yours black?

♫I see some tan shoes and I want to paint them black...♫

But yeah, do it.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by Sid McCall
I think you should take this up with your manager and not the pit.

Already tried my friend...
Black Spray Paint

EDIT: i just noticed who you are, quit jour job and sell you videos
Last edited by GmacD at Jan 9, 2009,
Quote by Hero of the day
And what did they say?

As I said in the original post, we have to pay for them.
Quote by JonLajoie
As I said in the original post, we have to pay for them.

kick the **** out of your manager while wearing your steel toed boots, it would actually color them red, but you know whatever.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
spray paint them black dude **** what your manager says
Quote by k_quest:
I feel like we are in Nazi Germany in this chat room
Don't but them man! Fight the system. If they don't make an exception, then wear um till they fire you.
Just tell them you'll buy a pair when you can afford to, then when you eventually need new ones just buy black ones. I don't think they can force you to go and buy new boots just because they fancied a uniform change+if you say you can't afford it they don't really have the right to question you any further
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Last edited by faultyy at Jan 9, 2009,
If they are required for safety no, there's a labor law they have to give you an allowance, you have to look it up Im too lazy.

If it's just "black shoes" with no mention of steel toe, etc. you're effed.
Epiphone SG
Crate V-18 212
Xaviere XV-500
Boss PS-5 SUPER Shifter
Digitech Bad Monkey

SWINE FLU FREE SINCE 1974