heyy guys!!! i dont know much about guitars...!!

but yeah i have got an acoustic guitar and i play some simple tunes and at times i get new tunes by fluke!!

recently i started observing guitar in every song and am getting interested in the sounds by electric guitar!! i want to play topgun anthem and stairway to heaven kind of music... i guess thats rock...but am not sure...u people only must suggest me what guitar i must buy to play it !!! n yeah at the store i saw the guitar with one pickup!! i used to think that selecting one of the three pickups(bass, normal n treble) while playin helps us to play with full bass or normal ..... but the guitar there just had one pickup...so wil i be able to do nice bass with such guitar?!! well, there were volume and tone(or maybe pitch... i dont remember) and some other knob !!!

my budjet is Indian Rs.6000-8000 !!! i dun wana spend more cos i jus play it at home and cos am just a beginner!!

i have a BPL amplifier with 2 speakers(80w).... i saw the pin that comes with the guitar and it was huge compared to the line-in wire my amp has got...i thought that jus some converter pin will do.!!! plz tell me if it will !! or i gota buy an amp?!!

so plz sugest me what kinda guitar i must buy (and if i have to buy an electric guitar with 3 pickups to get what i desire..thats bass ) !!! and sugesting specific model would b much gr8 !!! n yaa i live in Hyderabad...so plz try to sugest a specific store also if u can

THANKS A LOT IN ADVANCE
go to youtube to look at the brands you have herd of and just look for one thats has good tone that YOU like..
here are some brands if u dont know any

Fender,Gibson,ESP,Jackson,PRS,Ibanez,Schecter,BC Rich,Dean,Epiphone and more but these are good brands
Heres what you do. Go to a guitar store near you and play as many of them as you can and choose the one that you like best. Thats what I did found out that I love RG's.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
THNX A LOT GUYS !!! what do u tell about my view about the pickups?!!!
As far as the single pickup guitar... its just specialized. It might have also have been a Signature guitar. Some only have one pickup because the guitarist they are made after only plays on one pickup. This happens mostly with guitarists who play lead because they will mostly be on the bridge pickup to get the highs.

Since I cant figure out your budget because of where you live, a price conversion is $126 USD to $168 USD. At least here in the US, that gives you a fairly limited choice in guitars here... But I can name a few...

Yamaha Pacifica PAC112J ($200 USD) <- Made with better wood than 012.
Yamaha Pacifica PAC012 ($150 USD)
Ibanez GSA60 ($200 USD)

You could also look at an Epiphone Les Paul which are rather inexpencive. The absolute lowest would be a Squier Strat for $100 USD. They aren't that great but if its all you can afford, we would suggest saving up but if you aren't willing, well then there it is.

Best thing to do is to just try out guitars until you find the one you want. You might like an Ibanez or an Epiphone or a Fender. Some love Jackson guitars, other like the ESP LTD series. Find one that you like and go for it.
Quote by hammy23
THNX A LOT GUYS !!! what do u tell about my view about the pickups?!!!

Its not always the number of pickups. Humbucker pickups sound different than single coil but also have no hum when you aren't playing. If you want vercitility, you can go for a strat style and get a HSS setup on it. (HSS = Bridge Humbucker, Single coil middle and Single coil neck pickup.) That would give you a rather wide range of tones for you to play with, especially for a first guitar.

Edit: Whoops, sorry for the double posting.
Number and placing of pickups could take a whole book. Basically you can get a few extra tones from more pickups but if none are what you like, there's no point. Just get into a store and play a few. The sound is important to what you want to play but the feel of the instrument is much more important, They'll probably all feel very different from your accoustic so take your time and select the one that feels right.
Like everyone else, I can't answer your amp/lead question other than to say, 1/4 inch is standard for guitar lead plugs. What's a BPL amp? Why use Line in? Sounds like some hi-fi kit which is not suitable for guitar.
Quote by Chaos Nil
Its not always the number of pickups. Humbucker pickups sound different than single coil but also have no hum when you aren't playing. If you want vercitility, you can go for a strat style and get a HSS setup on it. (HSS = Bridge Humbucker, Single coil middle and Single coil neck pickup.) That would give you a rather wide range of tones for you to play with, especially for a first guitar.

Edit: Whoops, sorry for the double posting.

I agree check out a Fender HSS strat if you want versatility, check out and Ibanez RG as well I love mine to death.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Ok, first of all: Don't use so many exclamation points.

Second: Go to a guitar store and play EVERYTHING in your price range. Which do you like the feel of?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
go to the guitar store, and ask to try all the guitars in your price range but don't buy anything. then do research on all the guitars you liked (felt and played good). make sure you get reviews from all over the place. personally the best reviews are on youtube, they are unbiased and they give insights most magazines don't.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...