This
Josh Homme writes the greatest lyrics EVAR:
"I wish we could get away
Drink wine and screw"

"Nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol
C-C-C-C-Cocaine!"

"I wanna lick you too much"

Own this Black Sabbath shirt?
Bill Hicks, and he was hundreds of times better than Carlin. I always found Carlin too bitter, and too nihilistic; whereas Bill - through his biting and angry routines - there was always a hope and a alight which Carlin never had.

Oh, and Stewart Lee, been described as the British Bill Hicks.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
i agree with hicks and louis black and i'll add denis leary (in b4 "omg he stole bill hicks stuff")
Quote by SleightOfHand
****in right budday! grunge is the shiite!

didnt read ur post tho so dont know what im agreeing to.

Quote by horloko
Good. More centaur pussy for me.

Quote by myearshurt

God bless you GrungeBeatle

Quote by guitarnoobie
Bill Hicks

.....Not really.

Sure, in Carlin's later years, when he was more cynical, and preach-y (not that it was a bad thing, but it's true.).

But, in terms of his first five stand up album from 1972 to 1975, THAT'S his best work ever, and I have never found another comedian that can top those albums.

I like those because they're fun, they're more upbeat, and they still make you think a little, unlike his later work that was a bit more angry, slightly upbeat, and was more of a mind opening experience.

Like I said, I love it all, Carlin is my #1 favorite comedian, but nothing will ever top those first five albums.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
There's nobody like Carlin. Not even the incessantly overrated Bill Hicks. Complaints and Grievances got me through so many horrible nights at work.
You're*
Quote by Survivalism
There's nobody like Carlin. Not even the incessantly overrated Bill Hicks. Complaints and Grievances got me through so many horrible nights at work.

There's an enormous amount of truth in your custom user title.

And I don't care that I'm bumping an old thread, it had to be said.
-Gear-
Line 6 Flextone III Plus
Behringer FCB1010 Emulating a FBV Longboard
Bill Hicks deserved to die of unfunny. He's clever and makes good observations, but he's not funny. There's nothing about what he says that inspires even a chuckle. The best comedians are those that can, you know, make comedy. Bill Hicks practically just stands on a soapbox. Carlin, Chappelle, Chris Rock, Louis CK, Adam Carolla, etc. They make me laugh and think simultaneously.
#DTWD