I had posted a thread a while back about my amp crackling and poping and volume/tone varying a little. we all determined my problem to be a dirty Middle control pot, and it was. I had a friend of mine bring it to his music store and have one of his techs look at it(this way i dont have to pay!). Anyway, they cleaned the Middle pot, and whamo it worked. but when i got it back and tried it at home, i noticed the volume on the amp was SIGNIFICANTLY deteriorated. Meaning, I could play a 200-300 person show on volume level 2, and when i went to play now, i had it crnaked to 8 and it wouldnt even be albe to suffice a band practice. So anyway, I was just jammin a little, with the amp on 5(i figured the amp was just SUPPOSED to be this way, and it was only that loud cuz of the dirty pot...btw i got the amp from the trash and it worked fine besides the dirty pot). Then all of a usdden wham, the volume went bakc p to what it should have been, so if you can imagine level 2 originally oculd play a show....5 could play ****ing Madison Suqare Garden x10....It scared the piss out of me, but gave me some ideas like obvioulsy theres still something wrong with the amp.And now when i play it the volume goes up and down.....I am bringing them back the amp...and telling them to clean ALL the pots this time, instead of just the 1(thats what I originally told them to do). Do you all think that will help ?
Fender Custom Shop Telecaster
Fender Tom DeLonge Signature
Gibson ES-339
Mesa/Boogie Single Rectifier
Marshall JCM900 1960a Lead 4x12
^I believe that is a SS amp. Yes I would see if they can clean all the pots and hope for the best. Good luck.
It is infact a solid state amp, and actually i just kind of got a little mad at the amp and kicked it and now its fine, although i migiht have them give them all a cleaning anway. Thanks Guys.
Gibson ES-339
yeah it came back, so i'm going to have them all cleaned, which should fix my problem. Thanks all.
Gibson ES-339