i tried to post....oh its a long story but to keep it short its all in the title
im not looking for anything big,and for 300$ i doubt i have a choice

30-40 watts would be fine,i just want 2 or more footswitchable channels and a sound capable of getting really heavy

any suggestions??
Ali, used VK maybe? Oh shlt, I don't know about the used market in Cairo so bump for you...
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
are you willing to go used? do you NEED t3h t00bz? do you gig?

EDIT: now knowing that you live in cairo, your best bet will probably be looking new. what kind of currency are we talking here?
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Last edited by nutinpwnsgibson at Jan 9, 2009,
^^^ thats a great option for only 60 bucks more

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
B52 ATT is the only one with any chance for 300$ metal tube. consider solid state stuff too though.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Quote by gregs1020
Ali, used VK maybe? Oh shlt, I don't know about the used market in Cairo so bump for you...

umm,id say forget about the used market here,its all nameless chineese **** amps or marshall MGs :P

the guy said he'll order it from abroad so dont worry about the currency but what i have is equivalent to 300 dollars or a little more

i thought about a solid state but the only good ones available here are the Cubes and i was thinking of valves cuz im really not sure about solid states/modelling and i wanna make my own sound so the first step i guess is an amp with its own sole character
i had a cube15x but it sounded a bit....one dimensional

unfortunately,60 bucks is like 330 egyptian pounds....its take me a lot more time to save that cuz my parents arent half supportive

and yeah i gigged once and im looking forward for more,but i wanna get this amp businees done first
Quote by Alijonroth
umm,id say forget about the used market here,its all nameless chineese **** amps or marshall MGs :P

the guy said he'll order it from abroad so dont worry about the currency but what i have is equivalent to 300 dollars or a little more

i thought about a solid state but the only good ones available here are the Cubes and i was thinking of valves cuz im really not sure about solid states/modelling and i wanna make my own sound so the first step i guess is an amp with its own sole character
i had a cube15x but it sounded a bit....one dimensional

unfortunately,60 bucks is like 330 egyptian pounds....its take me a lot more time to save that cuz my parents arent half supportive

and yeah i gigged once and im looking forward for more,but i wanna get this amp businees done first

I dunno then... THe $360 would be your best bet hand down....
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I know it's not tube but - Vypyrs?

i dunno....ive been strongly advised against solid state amps and i was commended valvers time and time again for real warm tone...and ive been using a digittech RP200 and i want something that doesnt sound the least bit digital

and i had the cube15x and it sounded kinda one dimensional,dunno about the higher cubes but theyr available
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
um

well

at least get the RP250 if you are going to go that route. Um, I think the Vypyr sounds more *cough organic cough* then that pedal. I've played both.

what do you think of the videos on youtube and such?

well i dont wanna go that way :-( i wanted to go in the Valve amp+wah+single effects pedals if needed,im not a fan of modelling
Quote by Alijonroth
i dunno....ive been strongly advised against solid state amps and i was commended valvers time and time again for real warm tone...and ive been using a digittech RP200 and i want something that doesnt sound the least bit digital

and i had the cube15x and it sounded kinda one dimensional,dunno about the higher cubes but theyr available

im pretty sure th viper is a tube/modeling combo
There are no tube hybrid Vypyrs available yet. The only ones available for people like us is the solid state version.

If you put a Multi FX pedal in front of a tube amp you basically are adding modelling so it's the same thing from that perspective.

I get the whole stomp box and expression pedal thing. I've got a clip doing that with my Valveking. 4.x Brownie

Alijonroth Sorry, I miss-read you. Maybe. You want to add the Pedal to what? A tube amp?
Pretty sure the cheapest valve amp I've seen was $200 and it was 3 watts and only had a master volume knob. If you want a 30-40 watt VALVE amp then your gonna be spending a few grand to get something good.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
used peavey windsor studio
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Quote by random_B-RAD
Pretty sure the cheapest valve amp I've seen was $200 and it was 3 watts and only had a master volume knob. If you want a 30-40 watt VALVE amp then your gonna be spending a few grand to get something good.

wow

Quote by random_B-RAD

you obviously havent seen a lot of valve amps, have you?
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Quote by fifer
used peavey windsor studio

or new, depending on the place. My local shop sells them for 299.

Also, you might want to save up another benjamin and look at used amps. I know you want a good new amp RIGHT NOW...but if you can save up, your options will dramatically increase in number and quality. I'm speaking from experience, as I was in essentially the same situation (same sort of music, same price range), and sort of regret my decision. Its not that I don't like my v15, but that I wish I had saved a little bit more for the sort of amp that I really wanted, instead of spending what I did and settling.

I'm happy with what I got, but I think I should have saved a bit more. At that price, you're not going to get everything you're looking for.
I was thinking of tube amps >.< note to self: read.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
You're kind of in a tough place. Unless you can get your hands on something used, you'll have to compromise somewhere. You either need to save more or get a slightly worse amp.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
there's no such thing as what you want,if you get up $60 buy the B-52,
if you cant,
go solid state, they arent all terrible,
it sounds like the only reason you want a tube amp is because someone told you they were better
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
There are no tube hybrid Vypyrs available yet. The only ones available for people like us is the solid state version.

If you put a Multi FX pedal in front of a tube amp you basically are adding modelling so it's the same thing from that perspective.

I get the whole stomp box and expression pedal thing. I've got a clip doing that with my Valveking. 4.x Brownie

Alijonroth Sorry, I miss-read you. Maybe. You want to add the Pedal to what? A tube amp?

its okay :-) i shouldve cleared things up more...ive been using a digitech RP200 but i dont want to anymore,so thats why im planning this Valve+single effects pedals thing

Quote by ShredGod George
there's no such thing as what you want,if you get up $60 buy the B-52,
if you cant,
go solid state, they arent all terrible,
it sounds like the only reason you want a tube amp is because someone told you they were better

i will try to save more but i was thinking 300$ for an amp then save for needed extra pedals...mmm,im kinda lost now

and well,yes and no,the reason i wanna go for tubes is cuz all the guitarists i like never seem to use solid state amps/modelling technology (maybe other than dime,and he was switching to tubes too before he died)
they all put a tube amp back there+single effects pedals and tweak things around till they eventually make their own sound that is REAL as opposed to all the modelling amps/pedals that mimic that...and ive tried a lot of these,

i know im kinda on a low budget+being in a developing country where low end stuff is considered expensive makes it harder,but i still wanna go that way

and i tried a valve once,overdrive was a bit weak for my taste but it sounded real,y'know?
Personally, I would forget about the pedals for now and focus on the amp. The B52 AT60 wattr is on sale on musiciansfriend.com /Guitar Center for $360. Maybe stretch to that? Maybe a used Valveking and some mods.

or seriously, a Vypyr

or craigslist.com

or save up
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Jan 10, 2009,
Whatever it takes to save up $60...

You'll thank yourself A LOT
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
Blackstar ht-5. Tube with high-gain at low volume. And since they are new, they are going for dirt cheap
You do not need tubes to play metal.

Get a Randall RG80ES.
how about this one: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-ValveKing-Royal-8-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=481661

plus a distortion pedal with the remaining 100%,or would it be better to save for the B-52 or....stretch things up all the way to this http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-ValveKing-112-Combo-Amp?sku=481442

though saving for this would take quite some time :-(

and imgooley...thats out of my range!
^Not used.
I personally cant stand VK's, go for a B52 since you would import(?) it new and wouldnt need any real upgrades. With a VK, plan on swapping speaker and maybe tubes or you could just get a B52.

Save up some extra money and get the B52