Page 1 of 2
Hello Pit,
So for my sociology class I need to break a social norm in a public place. My original idea was to buy a gorilla suit, go to all the grocery stores in town and buy bananas... but i think my teacher will deem it TOO far fetched because he straight out said that he looks down upon dressing up because then it's obvious we're doing it for an objective reason. Basically, I need an idea that won't just make me look like a teenager acting stupid.... one that will make people question whether I'm serious or not. I figured the pit would come up with something good...

Ne me quitte pas mon chere.
Rape.
Quote by webbtje
I've lost my bovine virginity.

I'm not even going to tell you what that means.

I loves bagels!

Proud member of the Trivium fans group
I forget the name, but one guy did something like that by getting his students to go up to random people and ask them if they could to skip ahead of them in a que or to take their place. He didnt offer an explanation and if asked said simply 'i want to sit down' or something to that effect.
Go naked.
Thats out of the social norm.. and everyone can laugh at your .....

chapped ass.
Quote by mythicaldude
Go naked.
Thats out of the social norm.. and everyone can laugh at your .....

chapped ass.

No chapped ass with charmin

Quote by jemjabella42
Basically, I need an idea that won't just make me look like a teenager acting stupid....

That's going to be difficult, with your track record.

Anyway, I think you should stuff a balloon in your shirt so you look pregnant, and walk around smoking.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Slightly lame, but my brother did this type of assignment once and just stood backwards in an elevator.
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Put loads of fake tan on.

Oh wai-
Quote by Kensai
Ovenman, your contraptions make women's

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
That's far too clever to be posted in the Pit.
If there are very few people on a bus, go sit next to one and stare at them. When they ask what you're doing, say "you're pretty....hmmmm....you're pretty....you're very pretty "
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Go to McDonalds and pee in a garbage can.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Call the black kid in the class a ******
Go to shake someones hand and grab them by the crotch
recount your sexual experiences while lying across your teachers desk.
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Refer to people using old anthropological terms and by their sex.

"Excuse me, Caucasoid male. I'd like to introduce you to that female Negroid over there, the one beside the ambiguously gendered Mongoloid."
Quote by iceman_8319
Slightly lame, but my brother did this type of assignment once and just stood backwards in an elevator.

yeah.. my teacher used that as an example so i can't do that, i like the idea though

Quote by Ovenman
Put loads of fake tan on.

Oh wai-

i don't get it

Quote by iceman_8319

What's weird about that?

I always stand backwards- there's a mirror there and I can do my hair in it.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by jemjabella42
i don't get it

It's a social norm to look like a pompous douchebag with gel, polos, and the works.
Just stand very close to complete strangers. Guaranteed that most will become very uncomfortable. Try and get them in places where they can't really go anywhere, like cornering someone in an elevator.
Wait, I have an idea...

This face, all the time.
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Walk up the down escalator and down the up one.
There hath he lain for ages and will lie,
Battening on huge seaworms in his sleep;
Until the latter fire shall heat the deep;
Then once by man and angels to be seen,
In roaring he shall rise and on the surface die.
Quote by Fat Lard
It's a social norm to look like a pompous douchebag with gel, polos, and the works.

aaaaahh... now i see. good one

Last edited by jemjabella42 at Jan 9, 2009,
Quote by dark&broken
Just stand very close to complete strangers. Guaranteed that most will become very uncomfortable. Try and get them in places where they can't really go anywhere, like cornering someone in an elevator.

I snarl at people who do that.
Quote by redwood13
walk backwards everywhere

i might consider doing this one... i just wish there was something super creative i could think of...

Don't do it - by doing the set work it would be conforming to the norm.
Quote by Kensai
Ovenman, your contraptions make women's

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
That's far too clever to be posted in the Pit.
Quote by Ovenman
Don't do it - by doing the set work it would be conforming to the norm.

Actually, someone did this once and got an A... i don't think it'd work again though

Quote by jemjabella42
i might consider doing this one... i just wish there was something super creative i could think of...

You dont need to do something especially creative in order to be seen as different. Again the name escapes me but a group of perfectly normal researchers had themselves booked into an asylum. Once there they were diagnosed with a variety of different diseases, including 'compulsive note taking' when they recorded various events. The point is much behavviour is seen as normal in a particular context, you do not need to take it too far to be seen as action out of the ordinary.
Quote by b2spirita
You dont need to do something especially creative in order to be seen as different. Again the name escapes me but a group of perfectly normal researchers had themselves booked into an asylum. Once there they were diagnosed with a variety of different diseases, including 'compulsive note taking' when they recorded various events. The point is much behavviour is seen as normal in a particular context, you do not need to take it too far to be seen as action out of the ordinary.

k. well, i still want something creative

dress and act like a man. thats a bit out there.
^I S*** you not compadre!

Quote by Explorerpro
You Sir, Are Made Of Win.

Quote by El Hilliaro
Wow TS, this is a seriously great, original idea.

Anyway, I'm off, for some reason I have the strongest urge to listen to The Ramones.
can you team up with a class mate? would make things a lot easier:P
pretend to be in a fight with eachother or something..
pie..
pie?
PIE!!!
Quote by jemjabella42
Hello Pit,
So for my sociology class I need to break a social norm in a public place. My original idea was to buy a gorilla suit, go to all the grocery stores in town and buy bananas... but i think my teacher will deem it TOO far fetched because he straight out said that he looks down upon dressing up because then it's obvious we're doing it for an objective reason. Basically, I need an idea that won't just make me look like a teenager acting stupid.... one that will make people question whether I'm serious or not. I figured the pit would come up with something good...

Go to your local WalMart, buy a pregnancy test, a hangar and a mini vacuum cleaner. Mutter to yourself about what a dumb bitch she is, and that she should've gone on the pill like you told her to.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
Quote by Jackal58
Go to McDonalds and pee in a garbage can.

If you really want to break the social norms in a McDonald's situation, you should pee in the toilet instead of the garbage can, and then wash your hands afterwards

(For the record: English McDonald's = full of mucky chavs).
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Page 1 of 2