View poll results: Which Guitar?
Angel Of Deth
24 73%
Dean From Hell
4 12%
Slime
5 15%
Voters: 33.
I've limited my options to these three beauties, but I want all of them lol. I'm torn between and ML and a V. Price is not a problem, as i have a good job. I love the slime paint job (the middle of the burst is more golden than the pic shows). I have always had a overwhelming lust for the Dean From Hell. And I love the Angel Of Deth artwork and the V shape.

Here they are:

Angel Of Deth: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dean-V-Dave-Mustaine-Angel-of-Deth-Electric-Guitar?sku=516229

Dean From Hell : http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/The-Dean-From-Hell-CFH-Electric-Guitar?sku=512157

Slime: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dean-Dime-Slime-ML-Electric-Guitar?sku=516282
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
XBL Gamertag: XzXPatrickXzX
The System HAS Failed
Quote by tommyp484
"RUSSELL! WHAT THE F*CK!!!!"
The ML slime(maybe?), im not to keen on the colour but it's less insta-dimebag darrell than the dean from hell(obviously) so i say that one
i'd agree and go with the V, but i'd rather get the Rusty Cooley Signature...but i play 7-string. The only thing is that the V has a "D" neck, and i like the flatter necks. Other than that the V is better all around.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
What's WTB?? Which to buy? There needs to be a poll option for none of the above/suggest a new guitar... Haha. I would suggest an Ibanez or something... I'm not sure how good those guitars are going to sound to be honest...
Last edited by wamguy89 at Jan 9, 2009,
I voted AoD but still

Dean FTL <---- Opinion
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Last edited by VanTheKraut at Jan 9, 2009,
epic angel of death is epic
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
I don't think any of those guitars warrant their price for the pickups/hardware they have, but eh.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
Quote by MustangSVT
I don't think any of those guitars warrant their price for the pickups/hardware they have, but eh.

This.

Get a Dean only if you can find one pre-1998. Otherwise, I'd get a Jackson or Ibanez/ESP with your pricerange.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
I think you mean pre-1988. But yea at like $1200, there's prolly some ESP/LTD guitar that gets you more value for the money or some Ibanez.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
It kind of seems like you want these guitars for these paint jobs, which shouldn't be the case. Sound first, how easy it is to play second, then how the body looks with a regular paint job, then the actual paint.
Quote by wamguy89
What's WTB?? Which to buy? There needs to be a poll option for none of the above/suggest a new guitar... Haha. I would suggest an Ibanez or something... I'm not sure how good those guitars are going to sound to be honest...

This.

Couldn't find the 'neither' option.
^ The body looks like mahogany without the paint job. And if i get the AoD i dont plan on stripping the paint off, evidently. I am also quite fond of King V shapes.

Ive played a DFH. I am pretty familiar with other MLs. I liked it. I havent played the AoD but i plan on finding one to try.

Jackson and Ibanez: Have thought about a King V but i dunno.i currently have an RG and have thought about a Prestige S. A VBT with upgrades (added) would be sweet if i can find one.

Price range: i dont want a gibson and fender = meh. But a LTD EC1000 is pretty tempting too.

Im not DEAD set on these although the AOD is definately a top runner. By next month i could have changed my mind but i dunno.
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
XBL Gamertag: XzXPatrickXzX
The System HAS Failed
Quote by tommyp484
"RUSSELL! WHAT THE F*CK!!!!"
ya always regret metal guitars after ya buy em

versatility= 0%

you should look into a guitar dat does metal and other genres too

malmsteen strat?
gibson ?
mark morton jackson?
My Gear:

Ibanez RG350DX

Cort VX 2V

Marshall JTM 60

Boss MT-2

Marshall Bluesbreaker Pedal (BB-2)
That dime is an overpriced piece of ****, i played it at my local shop, the quality is terrible
Quote by helvete_og_død
i recommend the angel of deth.

^This.

Killer graphic. Actually plays pretty nice too. Not the best I've played on, but significantly better than I would have expected.

Quote by cornmancer
It kind of seems like you want these guitars for these paint jobs, which shouldn't be the case. Sound first, how easy it is to play second, then how the body looks with a regular paint job, then the actual paint.

But ^this is more important. Never buy a guitar just because of the way it looks. Unless you're intention is to only look at it and never play it.

However, out the the 3 choices you've listed the Angel of Deth definitely beats the others in all categories IMO. You'll have to try it out for yourself though.
Last edited by Erkekjetter at Jan 9, 2009,
There's a bunch of misconceptions/contradictions in this thread...

According to the '08 Dean Master Catalog I have, all those guitars have mahogany bodies
A 'D' shaped neck is the shape of the flatter Ibanez necks
As far as looking for a pre1998 Dean.... go backa little further to pre1988
ML shapes aren't bulky, they were designed to give the benefits of a large mass guitar without the bulkiness and the bodies are large to disperse the weight. I'm sure someone will mention the bodies are multipiece but most large body guitars today are made like this, unless you look at a USA series of somekind. Making an ML/Explorer body from a 2 piece blank results in a large waste of wood

These guitars aren't that overpriced either. All of the hardware (Including the LFR) is made by Grover. Mahogany bodies, Semour pickups (Excluding the AoD), and exclusive body shapes. There will be a lot of flaming because of what I just said, just saying lol. Everyone jumps on Dean

I haven't played an AoD either (I really want too!) but between the Slime and DFH... I'd say the Slime. More or less the same guitar as the DFH with a Flamed Maple Top instead of a custom finish. Plus the Greenburst looks badass anyways.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]