So I just saw buckethead in a video with bootsy, and he was playing a left handed strat strung right handed. I dunno if he actually used it to play the song by I think it looks fu*king wicked. So now I'm thinking of getting a left handed strat and playing it rightey. I was wondering, apart from having to replace the nut with a right handed one, is there anything else I have to change? Tonality? Has anyone tried doing this on a strandard strat, and how did it turn out?

Cheers for any responses.
Jimi Hendrix played a right handed strat strung left

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by SPBY
Jimi Hendrix played a right handed strat strung left

Now I think of it I would have to get a right handed bridge also... does anyone else like the look of a flipped guitar? Do you think I'd look like a twat on stage?
Joe Perry did it too. I agree with you, it looks sweet but I didnt want to worry about modding the guitar to make it right handed so i bought something else. Youd need to change the bridge, nut, strings, the strings you use may not reach the tuning heads, and possibly pickups. Im not sure if the poles on pickups are different for each string
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
Quote by Polystant
Joe Perry did it too. I agree with you, it looks sweet but I didnt want to worry about modding the guitar to make it right handed so i bought something else. Youd need to change the bridge, nut, strings, the strings you use may not reach the tuning heads, and possibly pickups. Im not sure if the poles on pickups are different for each string

This is turning out to me more complicated than I thought. I will go to my guitar shop and ask in there, even if I do get some strange looks.
Quote by Polystant

Good idea in theory...

...but as we all know theory is a cruel mistress who at any given time can turn around and bite you in the arse.

but remember that they don't make strings specifically for left handed guitars

They are all the same length so the can fit left or right handed guitars, and those with reversed headstocks too.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page