ok i have an idea that one hardcore band may do, only if they are mature enough to respect other types of music.

ok i was thinking that a hardcore band(parkway drive, iwrestledabearonce, or maybe bring me the horizon, just someone whos good at what they do) should make a song with a pop artist. pop is definately not my favorite genre, but there are some musically talented people. if it was a success, it would open up the world to the hardcore genre. hate or agree. i dont care. just discuss.

and just an idea, it probably wouldnt even stay the same. itd make a whole new genre.
Last edited by Dacons13 at Jan 9, 2009,
oh yeah, what a GREAT idea

that would be sooooo awesome man

lets popularize hardcore and make it mainstream

*please note my sarcasm

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Quote by Dacons13
ok i was thinking that a hardcore band(parkway drive, iwrestledabearonce, or maybe bring me the horizon

ROFL.

I thought you said hardcore... what's with all the scenemetal?
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by Tyler Durden
oh yeah, what a GREAT idea

that would be sooooo awesome man

lets popularize hardcore and make it mainstream

*please note my sarcasm

will someone please tell me what is wrong with mainstream ? or is it just cool not to like mainstream ?
Quote by jonnyrotten45
of course, we start talking about pizza, and end talking about putting our dicks in various objects, god bless the pit

Quote by lee 31392
I fapped over Louis Walsh.

Metal sucks
Quote by STABxYOU
ROFL.

I thought you said hardcore... what's with all the scenemetal?

just a few off the top of my head. go ahead and name some others that would be good cause i wanna see that.
Quote by Dacons13
just a few off the top of my head. go ahead and name some others that would be good cause i wanna see that.

You don't listen to hardcore.
This is a terrible idea.
Quote by waldorphPRS41
This is a terrible idea.

just suggest a few bands.
no need to be an ass.
****ed Up (an actual hardcore band) has already done this. They made their David Christmas 7" with contributions from Nelly Furtado, among others.

Now to address this point:

Quote by B.do
will someone please tell me what is wrong with mainstream ? or is it just cool not to like mainstream ?

Hardcore is fundamentally meant to be an underground art form. It's a type of music that people do to have fun or to convey a certain message, not to make money. Mainstream music is occupied with making money, not quality songs. Thus, when a band becomes mainstream, they fall into that trap. There are no exceptions. Ever.
Quote by JxD
****ed Up (an actual hardcore band) has already done this. They made their David Christmas 7" with contributions from Nelly Furtado, among others.

Hardcore is fundamentally meant to be an underground art form. It's a type of music that people do to have fun or to convey a certain message, not to make money. Mainstream music is occupied with making money, not quality songs. Thus, when a band becomes mainstream, they fall into that trap. There are no exceptions. Ever.

i see your point.
but i wouldnt actually say any hardcore is really mainstream. ive never heard a song where the scream on any pop station.
screaming =/= hardcore

And just turn on MTV every once in a while, there are plenty of 'core' videos played. JxD is right, but if a band were to do this, they should only do this because they want to collaborate with another artist, not make money or become more popular.
Quote by Dacons13

Name some hardcore bands?

Limp Wrist, Bane, Shai Hulud, Kill The Man Who Questions...
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Quote by JxD

yes
mainstream is a money making wh*re

and this idea is sh*t
Last edited by ralph wiggum at Jan 9, 2009,
A Skylit Drive anyone?
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
I think he means if a hardcore band were to appear in a pop artists recording, not vice versa.

Me? I'd prefer it if that didnt happen. Too many douches will claim to be into real hardcore and stuff like that
I think it would be extremely difficult for a "hardcore" band to approach a pop "artist" and actually have them agree to collaborate on a project with them, never mind convincing a band to try it. Not to mention, what would these people do with the finished product? Most people into hardcore wouldn't want it because pop music ****ing sucks and people into pop music wouldn't like it because they have no taste.
Quote by JxD
I think it would be extremely difficult for a "hardcore" band to approach a pop "artist" and actually have them agree to collaborate on a project with them, never mind convincing a band to try it. Not to mention, what would these people do with the finished product? Most people into hardcore wouldn't want it because pop music ****ing sucks and people into pop music wouldn't like it because they have no taste.

The girl on (uh? the Disney Channel?) would do it. I forgot her name
(though she likes metal more than hardcore, but yeah)
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
i dont understand why you'd want that to happen. seeing an even remotely 'core' band interact with the pop world is like watching a caged animal. its not the same.

there is no reason why different styles of music cant be intertwined, but we're talking about more than just genres here, we're talking about two different worlds; two different attitudes.
Last edited by kryptonite22 at Jan 10, 2009,
Quote by lordofthefood1

Suddenly Miley Cyrus is cool enough to make up for sounding like a redneck bulldyke.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Quote by lordofthefood1

Miley Cyrus?!

You must be yankin' my chain.
a contender for worst thread of 09, and it just started..
Ibanez SZ720FM
Ibanez GSZ120
VOX AD50VT
BOSS DF-2 Super Distortion & Feedbacker
Quote by Bloodycrass
No reason why it shouldn't be done with Hardcore and pop.
...but hardcore is inherently anti-pop.

'popular' is not a genre of music, its just a generic label given to anyone making music you hear in the charts.
Last edited by kryptonite22 at Jan 10, 2009,
Quote by waldorphPRS41
This is a terrible idea.

This.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Quote by Cedence
worst thread of 2009

yes
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
I've let this run it's course. Dead in the water.
All-O-Gistics:

Thou shalt always go for greatness
Thou shalt not commit adulthood (ALL)
Thou shalt not partake of decaf (ALL!)
Thou shalt not have no idea (ALL)
Thou shalt not allow anything to deter you in your quest for all (ALL!)