hey guys,

So I was looking at the RR3 and looks AMAZING, I can afford it in about 3 weeks.

here's the thing, I was on Jackons site and made my own custom one. I filled out the sheet and whatnot but the only problem is that i dont know the price. i was wondering if you guys could help me out.

here are the specs

rhoads body w/ crinsom swirl finish
painted, bolt-on neck
24 frets w/ white binding on neck and headstock
and a OFR maybe the licenced one but i would prefer the orignal one.

other then that its the same as an RR3 just added an OFR, white binding, painted neck, with 24 frets instead of 22.

any help?
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
unless the binding and extra frets is an issue you might as well just get an rr1 as it will probably be cheaper than anything out of the custom shop

dont know for sure though but still custom models are almost always pricey

BTW I own an rr5, they are great guitars smoothest neck ever I dont think you'll be disappointed with whatever you get
yeah, id love an RR1 but its a little out of my budget im only thinking like $900 at most, i would save for the rr1 but its out of my budget like i said, and i accually prefer the bolt on neck to the neck-trough...

any help?
ಠ_ಠ

Last edited by Tango616 at Jan 9, 2009,
1. Pretty much pointless to order a custom shop guitar and get a bolt on neck.....

2. Coming from the custom shop, a stripped down RR would probably cost a lot more than an RR3. You have to relize the labor that you are paying for. The pro guitars are made in Japan that are cheaper to build than here in the USA, so even a bolt on pos isn't going to be any better quality really than the Jap version, but will still cost more to buy.

Most people that can only afford to "custom shop" an axe once or twice, are going to go premo everything because it costs so much anyway, coming from a custom shop with USA paid workers and production costs.

Either save up more money for an RR1 or to make a real order through the custom shop, or just get the RR3 until later down the road you can afford to do something else.
Jackson KE1F
Jackson KE2
Gibson Gothic Explorer
BC Rich Jr V deluxe

Engl Powerball full stack
Framus Cobra
VHT Pittbull CL50
Last edited by RJF at Jan 9, 2009,
Quote by RJF
1. Pretty much pointless to order a custom shop guitar and get a bolt on neck.....

2. Coming from the custom shop, a stripped down RR would probably cost a lot more than an RR3.

Either save up more money for an RR1 or to make a real order through the custom shop, or just get the RR3 until later down the road you can afford to do something else.

so buy a jackson rr3 and then later on buy a 24 fret white binded neck and mod it myself?
ಠ_ಠ

I can guarantee you that a custom shop from a manufacturer like Jackson would run you through the roof (over $3000).
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
Quote by Tango616
so buy a jackson rr3 and then later on buy a 24 fret white binded neck and mod it myself?

Or.....

Just play the RR3 for a while and when you are ready to move up to a better axe, buy a Kelly that already has 24 frets.
Jackson KE1F
Jackson KE2
Gibson Gothic Explorer
BC Rich Jr V deluxe

Engl Powerball full stack
Framus Cobra
VHT Pittbull CL50
Quote by priest.fan.
unless the binding and extra frets is an issue you might as well just get an rr1 as it will probably be cheaper than anything out of the custom shop

dont know for sure though but still custom models are almost always pricey

BTW I own an rr5, they are great guitars smoothest neck ever I dont think you'll be disappointed with whatever you get

holy ****, i haven't seen you in a while

generally speaking, customs from any of those big brands are ridiculously expensive.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Tango616

No, that will fcuck up your intonation. You cant just put a 24 fret neck on a 22 fret guitar.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by RJF
Or.....

Just play the RR3 for a while and when you are ready to move up to a better axe, buy a Kelly that already has 24 frets.

i love the shape of kelly's there my second favorite shape, but a Rhoads V is my fav. and its been my dream guitar. i think i will just get the rr3, for lead playing in my band, what with the floyd rose and what not, and later on just buy a cheap kelly, or explorer with a fixed bridge and EMG's for rythm. thanks for the help guys!
ಠ_ಠ