Does anybody do this?
What I mean is when you're tuning by ear... Do you first tune the note up then tune to the correct note. Sorta like... NiiieeeeEEEEEEEeeeee.
Quote by msuspartan
Only the pit can turn a thread about auditioning for a Christian band, to having sexual experiences while eating a banana. Bravo pit, Bravo.
Quote by Old Vendetta\m/
You're actually supposed to tune down and then tune up so the tension on all the strings is the same.

For realz? Explain!
Quote by msuspartan
Only the pit can turn a thread about auditioning for a Christian band, to having sexual experiences while eating a banana. Bravo pit, Bravo.
Quote by angusfan16
Yeah mine makes a rrrreeeeHHHHHHhggggyyyyy sound though.

Oh cool mine goes HHHHNNNNNNGGGGGGG.
I go down first.....

...then my girlfriend goes next after a good 10 minutes.

Ugh that was bad : (
Quote by Old Vendetta\m/
You're actually supposed to tune down and then tune up so the tension on all the strings is the same.

This.
Nah, I memorize the exact amount of turns I have to make get to a certain tuning.. So, I don't have to go up and down or down and up
Quote by Hp312
Mine goes
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEddddddddddddddddddeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEGGGGGGGGGGGGeeeeeeeeeeA

wait what?
Quote by Nevermind1299
Nah, I memorize the exact amount of turns I have to make get to a certain tuning.. So, I don't have to go up and down or down and up

String changing? What if your machine heads get knocked around even the slightest bit?
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
if you tune down, and then do a bend you are immediately out of tune again. It makes you go flat due to friction on the nut, tuning pegs, stretching ect. You should tune UP to the correct pitch, do a big bend, then tune up again, bend, then tune up until bending no longer makes you go out of tune.
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt
String changing? What if your machine heads get knocked around even the slightest bit?

Whenever I change my strings I can somehow manage to get the low E perfect.. then I just tune from there..

And, if my **** gets knocked around, I have the sound of a tuned e string on my cellphone I can check and tune from that
I just tune to the correct pitch. Niieee. Absolute pitch ftw.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Quote by Old Vendetta\m/

qft