Playing a hollow body through a high gain amp, or putting active pickups in a hollow body and playing it through any amp?

Just asking.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Playing a hollowbody with active pickups through a high gain amp

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
active pickups are supposed to eliminate most feedback...no?

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
hollow body and high gain amp
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
So if I put EMGs in a Dot Studio (chep axe I'm getting to mod like crazy) and plugged it into a 5150, I would get crazy uncontrollable feedback?

Sweet..
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
You'd probably get the most feedback if you took some shoddy humbuckers that have not been dipped in wax and are microphonic as hell because of that - some cheap pups from a beginner's axe maybe.
Quote by TheQuailman
You'd probably get the most feedback if you took some shoddy humbuckers that have not been dipped in wax and are microphonic as hell because of that - some cheap pups from a beginner's axe maybe.

I'd agree. I got some beat to hell Aria Diamond Explorer from one of my teachers at school, and the pickups give so much feedback, it's unbelievable. I can't even play it because of the feedback.
I've got my old Ibanez GAX lying around, would those be about right? It always used to feed back but I just assumed it was the amp, as it did that even with my Schecter and Charvel.
Quote by Cathbard
Hollow bodies were known for feeding back. They made changes like more wood in the center etc to combat this. They had feedback problems before high output pickups and distortion. So adding high gain to the mix with high gain pickups is asking for even more feedback.
if you want to controll feedback, and rock out on a (semi)hollowbody, stuff rags in the f-holes