I have a '72 telecaster deluxe reissue and the stock pickups can't handle me. What I need is some real humbuckers. I want a pretty edgy distortion sound for hardcore music and hardcore punk. I also play some softer stuff though. Advice on how to figure out what I want and suggestions would be great.

Last edited by psych-dude at Jan 9, 2009,
are u looking for humbuckers with single coil spacing like hot rails or something
Keep On Keepen' On
I'm looking for regular humbuckers, but I have no idea how to figure which ones i want.
Ever played a DimeBucker?
Or are you looking for slightly lower gain stuff?
Love is my religion
i dig invaders, also basic dimarzio distortion are really awesome very hot but also quite articulate
Keep On Keepen' On
never played one.
i'm versatile as **** though. hah.
i play a lot of hardcore so the gain is all the way up a lot.
Well if your looking for High Gain, then definitely think about getting and maybe try out the Dimebuckers, you get CRAZEEE Gain out of em, there on most Dean Razorbacks/Mls so next time your at the shop, give em a go.
If your gonna be changing stuff around alot, then maybe just get a really nice neck pickup?
Cos as far as im concerned, when im doing high gain **** i use my Bridge and for everything else i either roll down the distortion, volume, or use the neck pickup. lol
Love is my religion
No, nub.

TS, Look into Seymour Duncans for more edge, or Dimarzios for more versatility.

as well, have you tried tweaking your amp a bit? often if you can change your sound to one you like, you won't need a new set of pups.