And the problem is that he has a fender frontman .
his price range is i believe up to $700.
should i try to convince him to get a new amp? his dads gonna be there and he doesnt play guitar so i dont want to be thought of as a bad kid here..
but he does kind of need a new guitar because right now he has a hundred dollar copy of a strat that isnt too good at all.
What should i do?
I say a new guitar personally. let him get better on a good guitar, then hear the difference in the amp himself...then we will need a new amp. He can get by on the frontman.....the cleans at least -if he's thinking distortion then he'll just have to hold on for dear life
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard | Gibson SG | Casio PG 380 | Dave Mustaine VMNT | Digitech Whammy | Carvin Legacy head |
Carvin V3 combo | MXR Custom Badass Overdrive | Dunlop Jerry Cantrell Wah | Rocktron Banshee | Ibanez PG Flanger
Quote by stratdud39
And the problem is that he has a fender frontman .
his price range is i believe up to $700.
should i try to convince him to get a new amp? his dads gonna be there and he doesnt play guitar so i dont want to be thought of as a bad kid here..
but he does kind of need a new guitar because right now he has a hundred dollar copy of a strat that isnt too good at all.
What should i do?

Is it called a Lyon Washburn cuz that's my first guita and it was too?
Quote by IDread
You know something is wrong when you have to utter the words "I have ganja in my eye" to your mother...

Quote by RIPKurt67-94
Aliens don't exist. I live on Mars, and I can assure you that there is no life here.

I hijacked this!
Look for a used guitar, better values since if the guitar's good, it's passed time-testing already a bit if not entirely. Amp-wise you might want to invest into a good toneful thing or a ''good'' modeling practice amps, I've heard real nice sounds from a blackheart 5w head, with his dad helping him to build a cab (no musical abilities required at all, just some tool dad's going to have). Something along those lines would probably outlast him if he's just the hobbyist player.
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth
the frontman will be perfectly fine for now...he's not playing live and to him, a guitar just makes notes, not necessarily a tone at this stage....a new guitar will definitely help his playing though, with a more comfortable neck and better output on the pickups...it'll also be inspirational
to help him, have him pick up each guitar and before plugging it in...ask him does it feel comfortable in his hands
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
you could go halfs, half on guitar half on amp? i'm sure you could ged a decent epiphone and maybe a valvextronix for that, might have to go second hand though =S i'm not sure exactly how much $700 is equivalent to in £ atm haha
Fender Telecaster (MIM) <- the sentimental one

Fender USA strat

4 standing Oasis tickets, Cardiff 12th June - selling at face value go!
Buy a Schecter Gryphon, very reliable guitar for 300-400, then just go spend 300 or so on a Pod Effects Processor that should fix amp and guitar problems and everyones happy and u look smart infront of his dad hell u might have money left over if u haggle correctly, might be able to buy more .
"Speed is nothing without control" - Bart Frydrychowitcz

Mark Morton is a God

Gear
Schecter Gryphon Diamond Series Limited Edition
Carvin SX-300 Half Stack
Podxt Live
V-amp 2
Peavey Transtube 110efx
Quote by Corruption
Is it called a Lyon Washburn cuz that's my first guita and it was too?

what are you talking about?
and thanks guys, i'll try to convince him to go half, and used, but idk how it will work.
he'll eventually hear the difference though, your right, and the fender should be fine for now.