So, I love the low end my 85 produces when
doing PM'd stuff, and i love my 81 for the
great harmonics and clear tone.
Would it be a bad idea to put my 85 in the bridge,
and 81 in the neck? Would it fork my tone up completely?
Has anybody done this?
Thanks in advance!
thats why they have a quick connect. It will take 2 mins...try it and see! I sometimes move my SA and S.
Quote by Tempoe
thats why they have a quick connect. It will take 2 mins...try it and see! I sometimes move my SA and S.

This would involve taking my strings off, putting them back on x2.
If nobody has tried it before i will, but I'm just trying to save some time.
Sure the 85 works great in the bridge, it's a great shred pickup but muddier than the 81 in the same place and we all know from Kirk Hammett that the 81 works in the neck very well.
i dont suppose it would be that bad. i do believe gibson has a line of guitars that use dual 85s. but lets up know how it works. have an extra 85/60 laying around i was thinking about putting in a guitar with the 85 in bridge position. wondering how it sounds
A lot of people have guitars with an 85 in the bridge. But I hope you realize that the low end on the 85 is much more pronounced because it's in the neck slot.
Quote by rancidryan
Do they come with heroin because I heard thats the only reason Dave Mustaine used them

"The power of the riff compels me"
Bury Me In Smoke
alright, i switched them, the 81 sounded really good,
but im getting no (well, little) output from the brigde,
i changed them back and am still having the same issue.
I havent opened the back cavity up yet, cuz i cant find a
screwdriver to fit it.
Anybody have any ideas on what might have happened?
you might have pulled on the quick connect cable too hard by accident, and disconnected one of the wires. whether its on the pickup end or inside the cavity, I cant be sure...

just have a quick look around for anything obviously disconnected first
Quote by james4
you might have pulled on the quick connect cable too hard by accident, and disconnected one of the wires. whether its on the pickup end or inside the cavity, I cant be sure...

just have a quick look around for anything obviously disconnected first

i checked the pickup end and nothing seemed off,
but it would make sense, i did tug it a little bit taking the
pickup out. this would involve re-soldering the disconnected
wire(s), right?
Quote by james4
yeah, it'd mean you'd have to re-solder the wire where it broke off. assuming the problem is that a wire came loose..

alright, thanks.
I'll do that tomorrow; no soldering iron.