I'm Trying to Record a version of Steppin' Out (the one recorded by the Blues Breakers with Eric Clapton)

I'm just gonna play this with woman tone, and I need to dial in my metronome. I am nearly tone def, so I was woundering if someone had the timing for this song

I'm gonna seem like a troll for a day and a half, cause I'm going to my Dad's house to make some money. I'm gonna record this without a bass, just a rhythym guitar and some tambourine(I have no bass or drum, tho I might try to mime a bass with my guitar with some careful EQ settings)

I'll try to get a version out by monday, If I can find out the timing to this song
so far, I think it's 100BPM, but I'm not sure at all.
(3)(4) I cant tell this either, but I think it's the 3, not the 4
(4)(4)
Clapton didn't use the woman tone on that album - it was more a case of the opposite; turning everything to 10, including volume and tone on the guitar.
Quote by ze monsta
Just keep on going till it's on time...it's really not hard.

If I try, I know that I'm gonna get it wrong, because It's kind of hard for me(I acually got my metronome about a month ago, and I'm Still trying to figure it out.)

I think it might be 115 BPM now, and I think it's:
(2)
(4)

I'm no expert tho, that's kinda why I've posted this thread
Good choice man, I love this album. Send me a link when it's done, I'd love to hear your cover.
Calender

Quote by Xaldin714
why does Thin Lizzy sing in english if they are from ireland
Just got punished from grades, boy I hate math

I have a little demo, but it's nothing like what it will sound like completed(I kinda rushed through it that way I could at least get something on here)

It will probably be out the day after MLK day(I can hack on my pc in the mornings because my parents leave for work early in the morning)

I based most of the cover off this version live from klooks kleek, but once again, this is not exactly what it will sound like when I get my freedom back from my parents:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGJSKFZWM8M

please don't expect much from my version yet, as it was done very quickly, in the morning while I was half asleep, but enjoy the version above for now
DO NOT use the woman tone for Steppin Out! Come on man, respect why he played it that way.
If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all
I searched high and low for a Steppin' out backing track for a year, and i finally found one so I can play it for the blues duels

I will give it to you if you like, it should alleviate a lot of the timing issues if you are all about the guitar, if you are determined to make this one from scratch, I salute you, you have a lot more patience than I do

I would like to add as well that woman tone isn't a great choice for Steppin' out, it was Clapton's balls to the wall solo song, woman tone just won't cut it like a screaming bridge humbucker will
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
yeah, i could use that backtrack, this is really hard.

PS i haven't given up on it, I've acually been driving myself insane trying to find the correct timing. chords were a little difficult. for me, when I play the solo, I feel like i have completed my song.

so yeah, I might need that track.
I PM'ed the link to you man

good luck

Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Thanks Carswell, it's such a coincidence that the one day I don't check my messages is the day PM it to me, lol

My computer doesn't have speakers, so I need to record the track (and many others from that site you PM'd me) from another computer with my PDR-1, and put it on a cd for me to play over.

I'll probably have a nice little version by tuesday or monday, depending on how much homework I have on monday.

By the way Carswell, how did you find that track?
I'm not exactly sure, I just know I spent hours and hours trying to find it because that opening riff is, in my opinion, the best guitar riff ever, then one day I just stumbled into it.

I'll give your recording a listen when it's up man, I'm glad I could be of help
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

^I just found out Theres a youtube video of a guy playing to the same track, and he gives the link on the info.

Quote by willwelsh816
^I just found out Theres a youtube video of a guy playing to the same track, and he gives the link on the info.

that's probably where I found it

I know I searched forever and then found it somewhere painfully obvious
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...