So... theres this DSL100 chilling round here for 900 AUD. am just wondering how versitile is the Hard Rock-Metal genres it is. I was listening to some clips on youtube and it sounded pretty farty, reckon thats just the 13 year old's EQing abilities? I play everything from zz top through to bullet for my valentine, But i have my bassman to cover my cleans

so, am asking, how will this go at giving me all the hard rock/metal tones between Uriah Heep and Stone Sour?
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
It's great for cleans and high gain stuff, not so for that Marshall crunch type tone. It's cover Stone Sour/BFMV, maybe not the ZZ Top side of the ledger.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
I disagree, I think the JCM2000 DSL100 is a great sounding head for your typical Marshall-ish crunch, the classic crunch channel is very dynamic and very well voiced to more vintage tones. It's really quite the underrated amp, really does everything decently well. Very jack of all trades kind of amp.
Last edited by al112987 at Jan 9, 2009,
Quote by al112987
I disagree, I think the JCM2000 DSL100 is a great sounding head for your typical Marshall-ish crunch, the classic crunch channel is very dynamic and very well voiced to more vintage tones. It's really quite the underrated amp, really does everything decently well. Very jack of all trades kind of amp.

I agree. If one can't get a wide array of classic rock tones from a JCM2000, it's operator error
not very burly though if you want tight metal, like most Marshalls it gets pretty fizzy when you turn the gain up. that might only be with EMGs though.
Gear:
Peavey JSX Head
Ibanez PGM301
Randall R212CB

Simple.
Quote by willyman101
not very burly though if you want tight metal, like most Marshalls it gets pretty fizzy when you turn the gain up. that might only be with EMGs though.

Disagree... YMMV, but I have been able to get great high gain results from JCM2000's, w/ passive pickups.