sorry if I spelled college wrong...
anyway, I really want to major in music for violin. I'm top of my orchestra at school (which actually isn't saying much, my school sucks) But I only started taking private lessons like 6-7 months ago. My teacher knows that I want to continue with music and we've already started preparing. She says she can tell I'm a hard worker and determined. But people always act like it's an impossible task. I know it's a lot of hard work, lots of time, and really expensive, and really competitive. But I don't want to be famous or anything like that. I want to be a suzuki teacher, with a performance major. That's what my teacher does. Shouldn't I try to go for something I want to do, instead of something I hate?
Go for it
Ibanez RGT42DX
-D'Addario .09-.42
Washburn X10
-Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottem
Cort 5 String Bass

Kustom Arrow 160FX
Electro-Harmonix-Metal Muff w/ Top Boost
Digitech-Grunge

Follow your heart...

No, really do. A violin playing suzuki teacher is awesome.
Eternity isn't long
If all you so is sleep
And forever is just a little while
If all you do is dream.

All Alone is All we Are
I don't want to discourage you, but I've rarely seen any violinist who's only been training formally in a year to be able to handle or even qualify for a performance major. Are you thinking of going to a university with a music program or a conservatory? You will have better chances at a lesser reputable music program in a university than a conservatory because their expectations aren't as high, but you can still get decent training.

If you want to go to a conservatory, you may be able to get into Berklee since they're more focused on musical diversity rather than initial technical prowess. However, Berklee is jazz oriented and I do not recommend it if you want to focus on the classical style of violin playing.

Reputable classical music programs in universities: NYU, Hartford University, University of Indiana, Oberlin College.

Reputable classical conservatories: New England Conservatory, Cleveland Institute of Music, Peabody.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
I don't want to discourage you, but I've rarely seen any violinist who's only been training formally in a year to be able to handle or even qualify for a performance major. Are you thinking of going to a university with a music program or a conservatory? You will have better chances at a lesser reputable music program in a university than a conservatory because their expectations aren't as high, but you can still get decent training.

If you want to go to a conservatory, you may be able to get into Berklee since they're more focused on musical diversity rather than initial technical prowess. However, Berklee is jazz oriented and I do not recommend it if you want to focus on the classical style of violin playing.

Reputable classical music programs in universities: NYU, Hartford University, University of Indiana, Oberlin College.

Reputable classical conservatories: New England Conservatory, Cleveland Institute of Music, Peabody.

ya I know it's unlikely, but my teacher's behind me and she thinks I can do it solely on hard work...I guess we'll just have to see
Look at state colleges/community colleges in the state you live, and see which ones have a music program. You may have to start off somewhere that isn't really a known institution for music, but with hard work you can always transfer after a year or two.
12 fret fury
I would got for it if that's what you really want to do, it's probably gonna be a lot of work but if that's what you want it will be worth it
I got another semester and then I'm going for normal college for a year, then 3 years at a different college for music. I don't care if it means I live with my parents forever and having no money, as long as I am doing something with music.

An that note (haha pun), I say go for it.