Page 1 of 3
Is this true or not.

Personally I cant see rock stars who snort coke and sleep with groupies would go to church.

Pop musicians might be different, but I don't think there are hardly any religious rock stars.
Last edited by lpmarshall at Jan 9, 2009,
I highly doubt that.

I'm sure alot of them are agnostic.

QUESTION: Does Scott Stapp still count as a rock star?
K, first definitely decide who is a rock star. Then decide how many they are. Then interview every single one. Repeat with pop stars. Then go away. Or go away first.
Putting "95%" in a statistic automatically makes it invalid.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Twue
Quote by therealtater
that is the first time I have ever actually loled because of the pit you win either a cookie or an internet your choice

Quote by Zero-Hartman
I regularly walk into the living room naked when my parents are watching Greys Anatomy.
In all seriousness,
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
So 5% of all rock music is Christan then?

There are othe religions, y'know...
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by lpmarshall
Is this true or not.

Pop musicians might be different, but I don't think there are hardly any religious rock stars.

pop musicians don't deserve life.
Gear

Guitars
Ibanez ART 300
Squier Strat
Godin 12 string Antique cedarburst
Ibanez RGD 320

Amps
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60W
Peavey Solo 15 W
Fender 10 W

Effects
Dunlop GCB - 95 Crybaby wah
Boss DD-7 Digital Delay
Boss MT-2 Distortion
Isn't Tom Araya Catholic? or at least somewhere along the great religion grape vine, and he sings about decapitated bodies and the holocaust. So i think you're wrong.
Sail upon the open skies
Dave Mustain. Nikki Sixx. Alice Cooper. I read somewhere Eddie Van Halen was too.
Quote by IDread
You know something is wrong when you have to utter the words "I have ganja in my eye" to your mother...

Quote by RIPKurt67-94
Aliens don't exist. I live on Mars, and I can assure you that there is no life here.

I hijacked this!
A lot of them are ambiguous about their religion. Some are hardcore Christians, some are hardcore athiests, but most are polite and don't care to share their views in the media.

If only the whole world were like that.

So I'd say 95% of rock stars can't be labeled as either religious or not religious.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by angusfan16
Isn't Tom Araya Catholic? or at least somewhere along the great religion grape vine, and he sings about decapitated bodies and the holocaust. So i think you're wrong.

Tom Araya is very much a strict, practicing Catholic. That still has a sense of... well, humour isn't the right word, really. But you know what I mean.

EDIT: Here's a little something:

Quote by Wikipedia
Araya commented about the misconception of the band labeled as Satan worshipers, "Yeah, yeah I think that’s one of the biggest misconceptions towards the band, but next to that just the fact that we’re normal." If guitarist King writes a good song, Araya puts his beliefs aside, "I'm not one that's going to go, 'This sucks because it's contrary to my beliefs.' To me it's more like 'this is really good stuff. You're going to piss people off with this.'"[9]

In an interview, Araya believes that "...Christ came and taught us about love, about doing unto others. That was his preach: Accept each other for who we are. Live peacefully, and love one another." When asked if he believed in God, replied "I believe in a supreme being, yeah. But He's an all-loving God."[10] Araya explained that he has a "really strong belief system," and Slayer's words and images will "never interfere with what I believe and how I feel.... People are not in good shape to where they have to question their own belief system because of a book or a story somebody wrote, or a Slayer song."[9] Tom Araya also appeared in Sam Dunn's documentary Metal: A Headbanger's Journey, and was asked about his religious background, to which he commented "Catholic." He was also asked "God Hates Us All, How does it fit in?" To which Araya replied "God doesn't hate. [But] it's a great ****ing title."

From the horse's mouth, as they say.
NOt
Ibanez RGT42DX
-D'Addario .09-.42
Washburn X10
-Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottem
Cort 5 String Bass

Kustom Arrow 160FX
Electro-Harmonix-Metal Muff w/ Top Boost
Digitech-Grunge

...have you got a source for this research? Because made-up statistics make baby Jesus cry.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
im calling that a bull' statistic
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
What about Christian rock bands? Just wondering.
Eternity isn't long
If all you so is sleep
And forever is just a little while
If all you do is dream.

All Alone is All we Are
Most ****ing idiotic statement ever.

If this guy believes this god help him
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
95% of rockers are going to hell.

They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
It would be amazingly good if was true...

But with rock musicians what do you mean?? Metal musicians included?? Or only soft rock and more traditional rock musicians?
Jack White.

__.-~~~~-.|___|___|__
_/********\_|___|___|
|*/**\**/**`~~~~~-.__
||****|**0*********@_
||****|***.********|_
\|****|***\*******/__
_\****/**/`~~~~~~`|__
_('--'""`)__|___|___|
Quote by Jesus
LedDaveZeppelin, You are so awesome.
I believe it.
KatehMonster
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Dude, if you were a lesbian asking out another lesbian in a man forum we would be going crazy too.
Quote by zerosystem
just because you're a girl and you get more pussy than me doesn't give you the right to brag.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Tom Araya is very much a strict, practicing Catholic. That still has a sense of... well, humour isn't the right word, really. But you know what I mean.

EDIT: Here's a little something:

From the horse's mouth, as they say.

Thanks for clarifying that for me. My second guess would had been that he was a Mormon. Glad i didn't open up my mouth...
Sail upon the open skies
Well if 95% of rock stars are atheists then it's going to be an awesome party in hell! (Well, it would be if god was real.)
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Page 1 of 3