i want some reccomendations on some bands...bands i like are ozzy osbourne, gnr, bon jovi and skid row

thx
Squirrels>all other animals group

Quote by Prophet of Page
I don't recommend passive pickups for any kind of blues tone. Ideally, you'd want a passive pickup with a reasonably low level of output.
Motley Crue, Ratt, Dokken, Winger, Damn Yankees, etc. souns like you like a lotta hair metal.

http://www.pandora.com is a good place for this too
Quote by IDread
You know something is wrong when you have to utter the words "I have ganja in my eye" to your mother...

Quote by RIPKurt67-94
Aliens don't exist. I live on Mars, and I can assure you that there is no life here.

I hijacked this!
Actually, if you want a great combination of both guitar skills and musicianship, then I strongly recommend listening to some Tony Macalpine.
Velvet Revolver now has Slash you might what to check them out. I like coheed and cambria. Heaven and Hell is good also.
You and I are mortal, but rock n roll will never die.
Quote by jcboomer
Velvet Revolver now has Slash you might what to check them out. I like coheed and cambria. Heaven and Hell is good also.

Velvet Revolver always had Slash... and are currently not doing anything actually
Quote by SteamMaster
Velvet Revolver always had Slash... and are currently not doing anything actually

Agreed. Just because he likes gnr doesnt mean he'll like VR. GNR is my favorite band and I only moderately like VR. THere styles are so different. VR has a grunge singer, and they even downtuned for him.

grunge = 90's
hair metal (what he likes) = 80's.
VR = post grunge 00's nonsense that tried to fuse above genres. and worked, to a degree

but yeah, have you tried motley crue, kiss, iron maiden, or dokken?

EDIT: black sabbath as well.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
The Bible is awesome. Revelation is so badass, I mean, dragons and angels and the devil having an epic battle in the clouds? Badass.
try these...
Motley Crue
Ratt
Dokken
W.A.S.P.
Kix
L.A. Guns
Cinderella
Love/Hate
Bulletboys
Great White
Faster Pussycat
Junkyard
Dangerous Toys
Jetboy
Vinnie Vincernt Invasion
Spread Eagle
Babylon A.D.
Keel
Lynch Mob
Tesla
Van Halen,W.A.S.P, Motley Crue, Slaughter,Extreme

if you dont mind **** lyrics try some Stryper
Maybe it's not on top of the charts, but we're still standing strong. So we'll be here forever. United and hard we stand.
- Dimebag

If I'm not back in five minutes... just wait longer.
there's this band called Frost*, they're really really good.
they're a sort of neo-prog.
ive given like 100 people their first cd and they all loved it.
they have two:
Milliontown
Experiments In Mass Appeal

Sometimes they're confused with the really sucky 60's pop band. dont get confused on that one.
just give it a try.
http://www.amazon.com/Milliontown/dp/B000WTXAGA/ref=sr_f3_2?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1232375773&sr=103-2

http://www.amazon.com/Experiments-In-Mass-Appeal/dp/B001KWJ1VQ/ref=sr_f3_1?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1232375800&sr=103-1

the first one is milliontown, the second is experiments. they have NO OTHER STUFF. PLEASE DONT GET CONFUSED.
I have to...Yngwie J. Malmsteen's Rising Force
...at least I say the whole band name...