Page 1 of 2
A Parker NiteFly M to be exact.

So all of last year I saved up my money with the intention of going all out and getting a really nice guitar for myself before I head off to a four-year university. I had a couple specific guitars in mind, but I still tried out everything I could get my hands on, like Gibsons, PRSs, ESPs, Carvins, etc.

Well a year is a long time, and during that time I realized it would probably be smarter for me to spend that money on something involving my major (photojournalism). So a couple of pricey camera gear purchases later, my guitar budget is decimated.

I figured that I wouldn't be able to find anything that would be an improvemnet over what I currentlyhad, so I had sort of given up the idea of getting a guitar after all. Then I found an ad for a NiteFly for $700. I wasn't familiar with Parkers past their reputation, but I said, "Ah what the hell" and went for it and holy crap am I glad I did.

This is without a doubt the most comfortable and responsive guitar I've ever played. Everything about the guitar is so refined, it almost seems impossible. Perfect craftsmanship on everything from the frets to the neck joint.

I know the look of the guitar tends to be a love or hate type thing, but to me it's freakin' beautiful. I'm so glad I didn't waste my money on something like a PRS Custom 24 when something like this IMHO destroys it for less than 1/3 the price. Although to be fair these do normally go for $1500

As you can see mine isn't stock. Most of the changes are purely cosmetic, but the previous owner installed Dimarzio Virtual PAFs, which are a little vintage for my taste but sound amazing, so I don't know how long they'll stay there.

More pics:

Good for you.

Not a big fan of Parkers though.
Gearz:
Squier classic vibe 50's strat, modded.
Dunlop 535q
Korg Pitchblack
Carvin X100B

Coming soon to a pedal board near you:
Analogman Sunface
Lovepedal E6
Area 51 wah
Skreddy Lunar Module
Malekko 616 Ekko
They are excellent guitars. The look turns people off but they play very well. Im digging the "finish" too. Congrats. Did it come with a case?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
Woah. Just look at that fretboard. It looks yummylicious. Can't imagine bending and vibrato-ing on it.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Crazy deal, man. Welcome to the (exclusive) club of people who get it.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by HyperBoy2519
They are excellent guitars. The look turns people off but they play very well. Im digging the "finish" too. Congrats. Did it come with a case?

Nope, just the standard gig bag, but I have a generic hard case anyway. I usually just use gig bags anyway, because hard cases can be a pain to haul around.
Nice!! I have a P-44. I will probably get a Nitefly M eventually. I really want to play one. The fretboards I hear are just amazing to play on.
Amp: B-52 AT100 212
Guitar: Parker P-44
Effects: Korg Tuner
Nice guitar and great deal. Parkers are some of the best playing guitars money can buy and that is a real nice one. Congrats.
ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500

Peavey 5150
Yamaha THR10x
Stainless steel frets are sweet. One day ill hopefully get a gloss white Fly with piezo.
Gear:
Modded Steinberger Spirit (white) (SD-AH/EMG Select)
Modded Steinberger GP-2R (white) (EMG81/60)
Peavey XXL head
Hughes and Kettner Cream Machine
Hughes and Kettner Blues Master
Yea I still don't really like the look of Parker guitars but I played on at GC once and I gotta say it was reallllllllly nice. Nice find dude.
(Gear in profile)

Yes I do like metal, no I'm not a close minded idiot.
Goddamn that's an ugly guitar.

Just my opinion.
Quote by DirtyMakik
Listen to this man, he's got Alex in his avatar, he knows his sh!t.

Quote by dubstar92
awesome avatar dude

Wow a signature
Very very nice deal there my friend

I like the looks, but they don't really suit me...if you get me haha. I wouldn't mind getting one for studio work though...
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Wow. Very nice looking! I'll admit I find that very sexy.

Just a few Q's...

1) How's the neck joint? Good easy access to high frets? Smooth transition?
2) What are each pot and switch for?
3) How's the trem? Is it similar to a vintage style trem?

Another thing to note is wow, the previous owner must have took REALLY good care of that guitar haha!
Wow amazing deal!
Congrats on your new guitar, it looks newer than new (as in, newer than guitars on display in guitar shops). And it looks REALLY nice too

Have fun with your guitar.
tbh with you, i dont like the style, but i love the wood grain
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
It looks like someone cut up a table and strung it. however, despite this it's actually pretty cool looking.
"I hope I die before I get old"-Words of Pete Townsend, 1945-

"I hope I die before I turn into Pete Townsend"-Words of Kurt Cobain, 1967-1994

Funny old world eh.
Thanks for the comments everyone, even the haters.

I can't recommend these guitars enough. I know I'm still in the honeymoon period, but this guitar has actually extinguished almost all of my GAS. Even when I got my Kramer, which I loved, I couldn't help but think about what I wanted next.

I love this thing beyond words and I haven't even swapped the pickups for Bare Knuckles yet...

Quote by Mwoit
Wow. Very nice looking! I'll admit I find that very sexy.

Just a few Q's...

1) How's the neck joint? Good easy access to high frets? Smooth transition?
2) What are each pot and switch for?
3) How's the trem? Is it similar to a vintage style trem?

1. The neck joint is excellent. Nothing except my thumb comes into contact with it, even up to the last note so the transition is very smooth and my hand never feels over extended.

2. The first pot is the pickup volume, the second is for tone, and the third is the Piezo volume. Both swithces are three way and the first is for the pickups (neck, combo, bridge) and the second is for switching between the pickups and the Piezo (pickups, mix, Piezo).

3. The trem actually has three modes. It can be fully floating like an OFR, it can be set to dive only like a vintage trem, and it can also be set into a fixed mode. I've only messed with it briefly, but it seems pretty responsive and has no problem staying in tune although it does seem a little stiff. I probably don't have it setup correctly though and the previous owner said he never used it so it could just need some breaking in.
Last edited by T!AN at Jan 10, 2009,
Quote by T!AN

1. The neck joint is excellent. Nothing except my thumb comes into contact with it, even up to the last note so the transition is very smooth and my hand never feels over extended.

2. The first pot is the pickup volume, the second is for tone, and the third is the Piezo volume. Both swithces are three way and the first is for the pickups (neck, combo, bridge) and the second is for switching between the pickups and the Piezo (pickups, mix, Piezo).

3. The trem actually has three modes. It can be fully floating like an OFR, it can be set to dive only like a vintage trem, and it can also be set into a fixed mode. I've only messed with it briefly, but it seems pretty responsive and has no problem staying in tune although it does seem a little stiff. I probably don't have it setup correctly though and the previous owner said he never used it so it could just need some breaking in.

Thanks for the info, I might look into these in the future!

Does the trem work by knife edges or ball bearings? This may be a silly Q.
...good for you...im not a fan of the shape at all...but as long as you like it
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by HyperBoy2519

Yea I dont think I could play it even if it had a really good sound becaue of its shape.
Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM Greendayguitar, gdm09 or blues_rocker to join.

-Gibson LP Classic
-Fender American Standard Strat
-Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
-Peavey XXX w/Marshall Cab
Quote by Mwoit
Does the trem work by knife edges or ball bearings? This may be a silly Q.

It's hard to tell because there's a plastic cover over the spots, but it looks like ball bearings. If it isn't, it's something similair.

Also, I played my friends Ibanez S2170 for a while the other day (because he kept playing my NiteFly) and I realized that their neck joints are identical, except that the Parkers's is a little more sculpted and the cutout is a bit deeper.

Oh, and I bit the bullet and went all out for a set of Bare Knuckle Nailbombs. I wanted something that would do metal but wasn't stupidly high output, and it's what Zimboloth (Nick) over on SS.org recommended.
Quote by T!AN
It's hard to tell because there's a plastic cover over the spots, but it looks like ball bearings. If it isn't, it's something similair.
They are ball bearings, and the nut is graphite.

By the way, if yours is stiff/weird/hasn't been used by the previous owner, you might want to drop some lube in the pivot cartridges. Helped mine smooth up when I just got it. It should be butter smooth with 9s on.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by pifty
By the way, if yours is stiff/weird/hasn't been used by the previous owner, you might want to drop some lube in the pivot cartridges. Helped mine smooth up when I just got it. It should be butter smooth with 9s on.

Thanks for the tip.
Quote by T!AN
A Parker NiteFly M to be exact.

So all of last year I saved up my money with the intention of going all out and getting a really nice guitar for myself before I head off to a four-year university. I had a couple specific guitars in mind, but I still tried out everything I could get my hands on, like Gibsons, PRSs, ESPs, Carvins, etc.

Well a year is a long time, and during that time I realized it would probably be smarter for me to spend that money on something involving my major (photojournalism). So a couple of pricey camera gear purchases later, my guitar budget is decimated.

I figured that I wouldn't be able to find anything that would be an improvemnet over what I currentlyhad, so I had sort of given up the idea of getting a guitar after all. Then I found an ad for a NiteFly for $700. I wasn't familiar with Parkers past their reputation, but I said, "Ah what the hell" and went for it and holy crap am I glad I did.

This is without a doubt the most comfortable and responsive guitar I've ever played. Everything about the guitar is so refined, it almost seems impossible. Perfect craftsmanship on everything from the frets to the neck joint.

I know the look of the guitar tends to be a love or hate type thing, but to me it's freakin' beautiful. I'm so glad I didn't waste my money on something like a PRS Custom 24 when something like this IMHO destroys it for less than 1/3 the price. Although to be fair these do normally go for $1500

As you can see mine isn't stock. Most of the changes are purely cosmetic, but the previous owner installed Dimarzio Virtual PAFs, which are a little vintage for my taste but sound amazing, so I don't know how long they'll stay there.

More pics:

did you buy that off a guy called John Rooker? from the Parker forums?
Quote by eklundh85

check the post date dude. this thread is 3 months old. PM him
Quote by Mo Jiggity
What he said. You are a wise man for not buying into the hype.

ya hear that...he thinks im wise
Quote by eklundh85

Yes, yes I did.
I don't understand why everyone thinks it's ugly. I think it's beautiful!
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Crate V33 212 Combo
DigiTech Whammy IV
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR Classic Distortion
Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Boss GE-7 Equalizer

I need to pick up one of their higher end models one of these days....

*sigh* Just another thing to add to the never ending GAS list.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by SuperJoop
Nice ebony finger board!

apparently those things are built very well!

It's not ebony, it's not even wood. It's actually a carbon fiber composite.

And as long as this is bumped I'll mention, I think I'm going to replace all the creme replacement parts with black. I liked the scheme for a while, but not so much any more.
Last edited by T!AN at May 3, 2009,
Quote by T!AN
It's not ebony, it's not even wood. It's actually a carbon fiber composite.

The necks don't have truss rods right? I heard somewhere that they're all carbon fiber, so warping isn't an issue.I could be wrong though

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pr0gNut
The necks don't have truss rods right? I heard somewhere that they're all carbon fiber, so warping isn't an issue.I could be wrong though

No they do have truss rods. I heard that too, and thought it was true until I got my Deluxe and saw for myself.

There's a lot of misunderstanding about Parkers, which is understandable because they're so rare.
Quote by T!AN
No they do have truss rods. I heard that too, and thought it was true until I got my Deluxe and saw for myself.

There's a lot of misunderstanding about Parkers, which is understandable because they're so rare.

Ahh,so it's probably wood coated with a layer of carbon fiber for added strength and structural stability....or maybe not haha.I need to do some more research on them,the few higher end models I've played were amazing guitars,even if some traditionalists overlook them because of their shape.

Page 1 of 2