There's a Mesa Rect-o-verb selling used at the guitar store for $989. Is this a good price for one of these? Also how heavy can it get? Is it really midrangey or fizzy?
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
Midrange is your friend.

Yes a Rectoverb can get ultra-heavy. Yes it is very midrangey. I'm rather 'anti-scoop' but I find Rectos need some amount of scooping to sound their best.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
So do you think it would be worth it for that price? It's in great condition only way you can tell it's used is the sticker that says so.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
They typically sell used for $800-$1000.
Closer to $800 privately, closer to $1000 in stores.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Ya i'd say thats a pretty fair price for a really nice amp.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
I got one of those around a month ago. It's got amazing cleans, but the on mine is kind of Fizzy. you can take the fizz out considerably to where it'll sound great in a mix, but it wouldn't be set to the most conventional of settings. But don't worry. I have a strange feeling the pickups on my godin guitar are the cause of this fizz, and I should have a new guitar by next week so If you still haven't decided by then, I'll let you know how it sounds then.

Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists
I've got one and I absolutely love it. I believe Mesa built it with generally the same specs as a Single Recto and just added Reverb. I may be wrong, either way, I love mine, clean when I want it clean, dirty when I want it dirty, heavy when I want it heavy.