I play a lot of video games, and a lot of those video games are from companies few have heard of. One of these would be Falcom! Falcom's games have pretty awesome soundtracks, mostly synth rock or metal and I've recently acquired my first arrangement album from them: Falcom Ys 20th Anniversary Live 2007 Original Sounds by the JDK Sound Team.

While this isn't live, it has every song in the arrangement used on their 2007 Anniversary live show's set so it is pretty good. The biggest problem though is that it is mostly comprised of **** already released on other albums and a lot of Falcom fans already have these songs, seeing as Falcom fans are big Falcom fans.

All in all, as a first anyways, I'd recommend checking this out.

Anybody else know good OSTs of the metal variety or arrange albums like so? Talk about that **** here!

Other things to check out: OCRemix.org - Has a lot of metal stuff, you just have to look. It also has techno, pop, anything really

Vomitron - ****ing wicked Contra remixes. Nuff said.

Castlevania Dracula Battle Perfect Selection I and II - These albums are seriously wicked slicked. If you hold any nostalgic value towards Castlevania a serious recommendation. Otherwise? It is well done anyways.
I was gonna post my last.fm but I figured I would get slammed for listening to the wrong shit
Ah yes, Powerglove. They've got a righteous Tetris mix if I remember correctly

I've never heard of Zilog. I'll get on that.
I was gonna post my last.fm but I figured I would get slammed for listening to the wrong shit
My guitar teacher's band, incura (which has a fair prog.metal influence), has a guitarist (my guitar teacher plays keyboards in that band for some reason) who bases everything in his life, especially music, on final fantasy apparantly.
Final Fantasy has pretty good tunes, especially (as far as metal-like stuff goes) Mystic Quest.

Ever heard Megaman X's soundtrack? I hope so! It is kinda like that.
Quote by DestronPrime
Final Fantasy has pretty good tunes, especially (as far as metal-like stuff goes) Mystic Quest.

Ever heard Megaman X's soundtrack? I hope so! It is kinda like that.

OMG! You do know that everytime that game is mentioned an employee of square is sacrificed in hopes of hiding this shame!

On another note, I saw powerglove a few weeks ago and they were pretty bitching live. Lead Guitarist plays his guitar Hendrix style to.
Last edited by Shabadoo at Jan 9, 2009,
Black Mages

Nobuo Uematsu's band that covers his past Final Fantasy songs into progressive metal and rock songs.

Some fantastic stuff there. EXTREMELY talented band.

Here's a good example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrorzcG68BI
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
The Black Mages version of Dancing Mad is one of the best songs ever.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link

Simply fantastic.

My favorite is still the Advent Children version of "One Winged Angel".

Saxo-Walrus

I'm pretty obsessive about the Black Mages myself

Kinda disappointed with their newest.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
This is kind of off topic but does anyone remember the Spider Man game for SNES that the sound track ripped off a lot of popular metal songs? The only song that it ripped off that I can remember right now is "The Mob Rules."
QUAKE II etc. Oh and that raining blood song from guitar hero was pretty cool.
Quote by Stentroll
Are you out of your mind?!

Whale. Nothing goes on my sammich unless it's whale. Fun fact you should learn about me.
Last edited by Shreddies_1990 at Jan 10, 2009,
Do The Black Mages count?

*reads the rest of the comments* YES!!!!
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Shreddies_1990

Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by Shreddies_1990

Anybody play the old Rampage games for N64. Pretty metal soundtrack in those games... except there were only 2 songs and over 100 levels .

And to whoever mentioned the F-zero games. Yes, yes they were very good times indeed...
One of the Fallout spin-offs had a load of famous people work on the soundtrack. I can remember Meshuggah and Devy being on there.

Messiah's soundtrack was provided by Fear Factory, tho' I think they were all Remanufacture re-mixes.

WEBBDIT: It was Fallout - Brotherhood of steel:

Quote by wiki
BoS features music by Slipknot, Killswitch Engage, Celldweller, Meshuggah, Devin Townsend, and Skinlab.

Metal-ish.
Last edited by webbtje at Jan 10, 2009,
Quote by Night_Lights
I'm pretty obsessive about the Black Mages myself

Kinda disappointed with their newest.

Yeah, III was good, but it didn't have me hooked as much as the last two.

Still some fantastic work, though.

Saxo-Walrus

Agreed

I'm listening to I again right now, and I think II is the best

they're all righteous though. I find the biggest problem with III is that they'd already done a lot of the REALLY standout tracks for me.
True, same here.

Though, I think they could have done some better songs from FF X. "Fight With Seymour" is.... okay, the new vocals on "Otherworld", while good vocals, didn't fit, and the operatic singing on "The Skies Above" kinda killed the mood, for me.

It just seems like they didn't want me enjoying the X songs.

I think all of the originals were better than their remixes, in terms of X.

But, to be honest, I couldn't do much better, with some of them.

Saxo-Walrus

I don't like X so much so I wasn't SUPER familiar with the music, so if it was a butchering I couldn't tell. I personally liked all of them, ha ha. Skies Above is wicked, but yeah, maybe it is just because I didn't play the game so much.
Quote by piratemetalhead
I remember the original DOOM game had a stage with some midi version of sabbath's "after all... the dead" in it.

To be honest, DOOM is the most metal game EVAAAR: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSsfjHCFosw

Doom II had a song that sounds pretty Hangar 18-ish, and the solo is pretty heavily arpeggiated, sort of like how Marty would solo I guess.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7T1KuW0S8I
Destruction Derby 2 (PS1) featured a relatively unknown underground thrash metal band called Jug for most of its tracks, the rest being performed by another unknown thrash metal band called Tuscan. Pretty decent stuff for a game at least.

And, even though its not metal at all, I'd also like to mention Frank Klepacki's stuff for the Command & Conquer series is the best video game music ever created.
Quote by fallenangel20
True, same here.

Though, I think they could have done some better songs from FF X. "Fight With Seymour" is.... okay, the new vocals on "Otherworld", while good vocals, didn't fit, and the operatic singing on "The Skies Above" kinda killed the mood, for me.

It just seems like they didn't want me enjoying the X songs.

I think all of the originals were better than their remixes, in terms of X.

But, to be honest, I couldn't do much better, with some of them.

I can understand why people would think that, but i fucking LOVED it. Back when my iPod was working it would have definitely been one of my top played songs.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Quote by ZylitoL

When I saw the first song's title I thought it was going to be a midi version of Iron Maiden's "Be Quick or Be Dead," but was pleasantly surprised. (Not saying "Be Quick or Be Dead" is a bad song, it's a great song)

Brutal Legend, anyone?
Does Megadeth - Duke Nukem count?

+1 to Black Mages.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Yeah man, Guilty Gear is awesome stuff.
Quote by Dyer's Eve
I can understand why people would think that, but i fucking LOVED it. Back when my iPod was working it would have definitely been one of my top played songs.

It just..... I don't know. I don't think I've ever finished the song. I can love operatic singing, and have in the past, but it just didn't fit for me, for whatever reason.

Now, a great, metal rendition of "Cosmo Canyon" would be fantabulously amazinormous. I can play it on guitar, and all I would need to do is arrange this solo I have in mind, add some bass and drums, and I have a masterpiece.

Saxo-Walrus

There's a band called Electro Quarterstaff that metalisized Dr. Wily's Theme from Megaman.
Quote by piratemetalhead
I remember the original DOOM game had a stage with some midi version of sabbath's "after all... the dead" in it.

To be honest, DOOM is the most metal game EVAAAR: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSsfjHCFosw

This times 9000.
And Mega Man music. Eargasms every which way.

EDIT: This brings back some memories.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQAWsVpb98I&feature=related
The mood this song creates reminds of a certain band but I can't think of what it is...
Last edited by Stoner0405 at Jan 10, 2009,
Didn't John Petrucci write a song for a video game?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?