Ok, so I've been on my new amp quest for a long time now, and several attempts to get some decent ones have fell through. However, I was bargain hunting, and what did appear?

An ad for a Fender MIM Strat. Black, with the maple neck. Installed in it is a red Fender Lace Sensor at the bridge. It says "scuffed slightly, but still plays and sounds great". How much, do you ask?

175 dollars. O_O

So, I must inquire to the forums, in this situation, what should I do? I have $210 on hand at the moment. Should I get the Strat now (though it is MIM), and put the amp off once again, or, should I trudge ahead and get an amp that will satisfy me, and pass up this deal?

From what I've played on my Predator, I think that I'd love the feel of a Strat. I like the sounds I can get out of it, but the problem with my Predator is that I need to get it repaired. =\
Save up more, and buy a decent amp.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by mcrfobtai
Always the amp. Unless you have a really good amp.

Or your guitar is unplayable.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
I wouldn't say always go with an amp. Right now, an amp will help your tone more than that guitar, but if it's a deal that's to good to pass up, then don't pass it up.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Well, for those of you that say amp, I'd like to ask a question linked to that:

If I were to add another $100 to my till, would a Palomino V3212 b4e the way to go? Musician's Friend is running a clearance on them currently, and the last I heard, these were good amps. Opinions?
That would be a good amp indeed. As long as you don't play metal. If you can get both the strat and the Palomino, that would be a fine rig indeed
Quote by mcrfobtai
That would be a good amp indeed. As long as you don't play metal. If you can get both the strat and the Palomino, that would be a fine rig indeed

I play a little bit of everything, but the heaviest that I actually play is the classic metal, like Sabbath and Judas Priest. Does the amp still fit me?
Yeah, it'll still be fine, but your going to want an overdrive pedal.
You and I are mortal, but rock n roll will never die.