Page 1 of 2
I heard that Dragonforce recorded fire and the flames at like half the tempo than it is on the record. Is that true?
Quote by JeffVader
I heard that Dragonforce recorded fire and the flames at like half the tempo than it is on the record. Is that true?

No.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
That's not trivia. That's a rumor that's next to common knowledge. Even if it's not true, DragonForce definitely doesn't seem capable of playing their own songs live. In tempo, in tune, or otherwise.
THANK YOU !!!!! Finally someone agrees with me that DragonForce sucks live
Gear
Ibanez GSA60
Jackson DXMGT
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest
Ibanez S470 DXQM
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000
Crate Halfstack and Crate 50W Tube Head
Boss MT-2, CH-1, CS-3, NS-2, & Cry Baby
Crate XT65R
Quote by Kwonnie
That's not trivia. That's a rumor that's next to common knowledge. Even if it's not true, DragonForce definitely doesn't seem capable of playing their own songs live. In tempo, in tune, or otherwise.

Fail.

They can, I've seen them do it; it's just that ONE video on youtube and that dire Betcha Can't Play This that gave them that reputation.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by EvoLancer211

Everyone agrees with that. thats a consensus between everyone whos ever been to a Dragonforce show.
Quote by EvoLancer211
You're just lucky Tom_Hatton is banned.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Dragonforce is fine live... anybody who has seen them will tell you the same.
Quote by jackson001
Ironbodom, I hate you.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
damnit Ironbodom.

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Yes, someone "was ate jam" while they were playing.
Brilliant observation.

Save SURGE
Quote by EvoLancer211

imo they suck period
slower, but not half
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Fail.

They can, I've seen them do it; it's just that ONE video on youtube and that dire Betcha Can't Play This that gave them that reputation.

I never bothered watching them live on YouTube. I've seen them live on three occasions, much to my dismay. Everything sounded off in some way save for the drummer, who's pretty ownage in my opinion for having the stamina to practically blast beat for eight minutes straight for every song.
Quote by Kwonnie
I never bothered watching them live on YouTube. I've seen them live on three occasions, much to my dismay. Everything sounded off in some way save for the drummer, who's pretty ownage in my opinion for having the stamina to practically blast beat for eight minutes straight for every song.

So the stamina of the guitarists means nothing to you then? Either way, I have also seen them live and they did just fine; a little sloppy in parts but nowhere near as bad as everyone makes out.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
they also run around and do high kicks so i dont expect them to play perfectly when i see them live.

Stay home and listen to the cd!
Quote by Kwonnie

are you a glutton for punishment or sadist or something? (why see them 3 times if you hate them?)
Last edited by JeffVader at Jan 9, 2009,
I've seen DF a few times live, and they were always perfect... only on the Graspop video on YouTube have I seen them fail (they were probably drunk).

And no, they recorded it how it is, but not all at once. Rumour has it that Li actually recorded himself improvising in several hotel rooms between gigs, stitched them together, and called it TTFatF.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by creeping.death!

I was there! That was a bloody good show. It might just be a laugh and the solos may be complete wankery but Li's much better than people give him credit for...couldn't hear Totman for shit at the time though.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Fail.

I've seen them live... It was a great show, and I enjoy Dragonforce...

But They couldn't pull off ANY of their faster solos...

They sucked live.
Quote by roshjosh
I've seen them live... It was a great show, and I enjoy Dragonforce...

But They couldn't pull off ANY of their faster solos...

They sucked live.

In the words of (I think) Foamy the Squirrel, shut up. Recordings are people who have done the song at least one hundred times, and they pick the one that is best. Then they shove it through a computer so it sounds nothing like the original recording. You then criticize them for not being able to recreate it note-for-note live? Heck, even if they have all the talent in the world, I'm sure they'd mess up just from being caught up in the experience.

So please, think before you show off your lack of intelligence
Quote by Les_Frederiksen

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by Just Andrew
You're just lucky Tom_Hatton is banned.

Whats he banned for? He didn't seem the bannable type to me
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
Quote by PlayMadness
In the words of (I think) Foamy the Squirrel, shut up. Recordings are people who have done the song at least one hundred times, and they pick the one that is best. Then they shove it through a computer so it sounds nothing like the original recording. You then criticize them for not being able to recreate it note-for-note live? Heck, even if they have all the talent in the world, I'm sure they'd mess up just from being caught up in the experience.

So please, think before you show off your lack of intelligence

Actually, if I may play Devil's Advocate for a minute...

Dragonforce are RELATIVELY sloppy live; the rhythm is usually pretty damn tight and most of the solos are good but there are the occasional duff notes. Bands like Dream Theater, Cynic, Atheist <insert long list> pull off some much harder stuff flawlessly live but by the same token they do kind of...stand very still. DF consciously choose to trade the technicality for entertainment because they REALLY DON'T take themselves as seriously as all their detractors seem to.

To summarise: they can be sloppy but it's such a good show who cares?

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Actually, if I may play Devil's Advocate for a minute...

Dragonforce are RELATIVELY sloppy live; the rhythm is usually pretty damn tight and most of the solos are good but there are the occasional duff notes. Bands like Dream Theater, Cynic, Atheist <insert long list> pull off some much harder stuff flawlessly live but by the same token they do kind of...stand very still. DF consciously choose to trade the technicality for entertainment because they REALLY DON'T take themselves as seriously as all their detractors seem to.

To summarise: they can be sloppy but it's such a good show who cares?

Like I said, getting caught up in the moment
Quote by Les_Frederiksen

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Quote by Kwonnie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXk4pJ3Orw8&feature=PlayList&p=2DD8341F5C2863E1&playnext=1&index=12

They finally quit getting drunk before the show. They can do it now.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by PlayMadness
Like I said, getting caught up in the moment

Hooray for a balanced argument!

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by JeffVader
are you a glutton for punishment or sadist or something? (why see them 3 times if you hate them?)

I was never there to see them, specifically, save for the first time. On the first occasion, I just wanted to see them live. Was sorely dissapointed. Second time was at MayhemFest. Main stage. There were like, fifteen bands playing that I enjoyed. I didn't mind listening to them. Third time, my friend's band opened for them.

But I don't hate DragonForce. Their studio stuff is listenable even if it gets old pretty fast and all their music sounds really similar. I just don't like them live.
Quote by EvoLancer211

I dunno. I saw them on a cold winters morning, just before dawn. They sounded pretty good. Then I again, I was soooooo far away from the stage I couldn't see them playing, so who knows?
Quote by Telestar
Trust me man, it's Smoke on the Water. Deep Purple only wrote one song.
Quote by Aguamento
This.

They play it live at the same speed.

/thread

Yes. They play it at the same speed. And a fraction of the accuracy.

Quote by Ironbodom
Dragonforce is fine live... anybody who has seen them will tell you the same.

Except the people I know. Or me.
You're*
Quote by b4t3man
I dunno. I saw them on a cold winters morning, just before dawn. They sounded pretty good. Then I again, I was soooooo far away from the stage I couldn't see them playing, so who knows?

HAHA nice one.
Quote by stratman_13
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXk4pJ3Orw8&feature=PlayList&p=2DD8341F5C2863E1&playnext=1&index=12

They finally quit getting drunk before the show. They can do it now.

It's official. ZP Theart is now the weakest link in the band.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
no they didn't play it at half temp, what they did do however is play all of the complicated parts one measure at a time and edit together with protools.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Page 1 of 2