So I'm wanting to record and model music, I want something that's good for recording and modeling guitar, vocals, bass, cello, and drums, but I want something that's fairly simple to use, inexpensive, and has good/decent quality.

What would you guys recommend?
Quote by Nomack
Next hendrix is like a a sidesplitting triumph of slapstick and scatology, a runaway moneymaker and budding franchise, the worst thing to happen to Kazakhstan since the Mongol hordes, and, a communist.

This is my sig!
Could you elaborate a bit more than that?
Do you mean you want to have a guitar modeller AND record vox etc?

If so you could get a program like AmpFarm and then use audacity to record the rest. That will keep costs down.
When you say modeling, do you mean sequencing in MIDI (creating music using virtual instruments)? If so, try garage band if you're using a mac, or something like Reaper or maybe even an older version of Cubase if you're using PC.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Quote by Next Hendrix
So I'm wanting to record and model music, I want something that's good for recording and modeling guitar, vocals, bass, cello, and drums, but I want something that's fairly simple to use, inexpensive, and has good/decent quality.

What would you guys recommend?

You're asking for quite a bit for what seems like a very small price range...

I suggest an audio interface with on board MIDI and a good sequencer with VSTis to get all of those instruments.

My suggestion is the EMU 0404 for the interface and Cakewalk Sonar 7 Studio for your sequencer. A Shure SM57 mic added would give you the option to record vocals and amps.

Price range will be $300 - $400 for the interface, mic, and sequencer.
Last edited by moody07747 at Jan 9, 2009,