Schecter C-1E/A. What happened to these? I have searched all over for them and I can only find used models on Ebay and Craigslist. Does anyone have a clue as to why they are no longer in production? Cause I have been jonesing for a semihollow guitar and Schecter has always made really high quality instruments that aren't too expensive. I'm not looking to buy a different semi hollow so please don't suggest some, I just want to know why Schecter stopped producing such a beautiful guitar.

Aside from the Duncan Designed, which I am actually ok with, I can't really seem to find anything wrong. It is a cheap alternative to a Gibson ES-335 and has that strat body shape I love. 25.5" neck. Mahogany body and neck. Oh! Don't forget the piezo system on it too!

Grrr... I really want to find one of these just to play it.

Anyone else feel the same way?

If you have a guitar that you just can't get out of your mind but is no longer in production feel free to add your frustrations.
Gear:1991 Fender MIJ Jazz/Squier VM Fretless Jazz -> Pitchblack -> Way Huge Green Rhino -> Boss OC-2 -> Boss DD-7 -> Markbass Tube 800 -> SWR 4x12.

Flat wounds. Flat wounds on everything. Everything is a little fatter when it's flatter.
i've wanted a white squier supersonic for god knows how long.

i found one in sparkly blue and was so close to buying it, but i held out thinking i would be able to find a white one.

no such luck.
--------------------i'm definitely the alphaest male here--------------------
I Do Believe that Model is Discontinued ive also tried finding one. The Ebay sellers are really high with their prices so I imagine its hard to get ahold of one.
"Speed is nothing without control" - Bart Frydrychowitcz

Mark Morton is a God

Gear
Schecter Gryphon Diamond Series Limited Edition
Carvin SX-300 Half Stack
Podxt Live
V-amp 2
Peavey Transtube 110efx
I figured it was. And actually I found one that is going for about $300. So either the owner has totally destroyed it in everyway except cosmetically or he just wants to get rid of it.
Gear:1991 Fender MIJ Jazz/Squier VM Fretless Jazz -> Pitchblack -> Way Huge Green Rhino -> Boss OC-2 -> Boss DD-7 -> Markbass Tube 800 -> SWR 4x12.

Flat wounds. Flat wounds on everything. Everything is a little fatter when it's flatter.
seems semi-hollows run for short times, i never even knew schecter made a semi-hollow model. i know my B.C. rich model isn't being sold anymore, or at least i havent seen it being sold anymore. what does th guitar you're looking for look like, if you don't made posting a pic.
and as for finding it have you tried ordering it off of the official website, that might work, if it comes down to it and your REALLY want that guitar, you'll probably have to get it used, but i've never done that over the internet so i don't know if that will go well or not. good luck getting the guitar though
also schecter seems to discontinue a lot of models i think my 7 string avenger/revenger whatever isn't sold anymore either, its some diamond series synyster gates shaped guitar with a reverse neck and i only found it cause it was used
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
Last edited by F8iscruel at Jan 9, 2009,
Quote by wyantsm
Ya, they've been changing some of their product lineup lately. I'm sure it was just an isolated incident but here's what I think of schecter

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=18036860#post18036860

Schecter's themselves are very good guitars. That seemed like it was more of lousy customer service and bad salespeople.

Quote by F8iscruel
seems semi-hollows run for short times, i never even knew schecter made a semi-hollow model.

Yeah, they made the C-1E/A and they still currently make the corsair which is an ES-335 style body.

Here is one on Ebay .

Last edited by JF-SH1 at Jan 9, 2009,
Those douche bags at Epiphone got rid of the Broadway Elitist but the cheap version is still available. They also got rid of the ES-335 Elitist but it only came in a ****ty red color. You can only find the Emperor Regent in natural. I sent them a email about it.