Hey guys, I've been playing for 2 years now, but I still have a noob question for y'all.
When I'm playing an acoustic song I alter my pick attack to strum easier, but that involves me loosening my grip for more fluidity. This causes me to drop my picks before I can even finish one song. I use Tortex .88's b/c it's the only thing I have and all my Fender mediums snap in like 5 minutes of use.

ITT: how do you strum with a heavier pick, without dropping it?
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
using a lot of wrist, and getting very used to moving your wrist in perfect time to glide the pick flat on the strings...you'll get it, you can hold it lose but must be very fluid
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
Well I strum only using my wrist, because I find it easier.
I rotate my wrist to strum, which cause the pick nor to be flat.
Maybe that's the problem?
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
try a thicker pick, i use tortec style jazz III's its got the feel of a torext but a small confortable size so you don't lose grip, but i personally just use all my fingers to play acoustically, just easier to do imho, but in your case listen to what nem said if you don't want to change strumming style
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
jim dunlop picks have a grip one them..and i dont think they will snap they bend really well..and also work great to pick slides they dont get chewwed up like other pics do. i had that problem too a few years back..but i dont really do it no more...unless im using my 2.mm sometimes it happens
I had that poblem for a while and I just kept playing till it finally just felt right. i also switched to those little jazz three picks. most guys prolly dont like them for acoustic but they work for me.
I tend to have the same problem, I dont drop the pick completely, just loses its position.
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not."

~ Kurt Cobain ~
Quote by Soul Eater
Hey guys, I've been playing for 2 years now, but I still have a noob question for y'all.
When I'm playing an acoustic song I alter my pick attack to strum easier, but that involves me loosening my grip for more fluidity. This causes me to drop my picks before I can even finish one song. I use Tortex .88's b/c it's the only thing I have and all my Fender mediums snap in like 5 minutes of use.

ITT: how do you strum with a heavier pick, without dropping it?

It's so true.

I'd say use a harder pick like a Jazz pick or something, but that might make it easier to drop. So I recommend Stubbies since they have a good grip.