so dig it...

i've got an ibanez SZ520QM... 2006 model, trans blue...

does anyone have any idea what strings come on this thing from the factory? I've had this guitar for 11 months and play it almost daily... I have yet to replace the strings and they are as slick and smooth as the first day I got the guitar - as opposed to d'addario and ernie ball which are black within a few weeks.

i think the guitar had a tag on it saying what strings were on it but I dont have the tag nor do i remember what it said...
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
you may be able to call ibanez and see what their standard strings are.

the strings on my schecter lasted 8 months and felt orgasmic till the day the b string broke, i still cant find any just like it.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
yeah dude i feel you, some strings on a guitar i had, i left on for over a year, like, 16-17 months? only reason i did is i didn't want one to break haha.
EQUIPMENT:
Guitars:
2003 Fender MIM Strat
2008 Ibanez AEG20E A/E Cutaway
2011 Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro
Amps:
Epiphone Valve Jr. Halfstack BitMo Trio Modded
60W All Tube Egnater Renegade Head and Cab.
I keep thinking I remember seeing a little tag saying blue steel so it's possible they are dean markley strings... although i'm not sure.

but yes, 11 months, same strings and they still feel wonderful and slick. I'll email zzounds... that's where i got it from...

ironically enough, the SZ520QM is the last guitar i purchased... less than a month later, I began building my DC

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
yeah dude, the elixer sounds like that might be the brand, cause i got these elixer strings for christmas last year, and didnt end up using them till like february 2008, and the E broke like last week, and i was devastated, but the rest of the strings are still clean, and perfect, and makes my guitar sound so good, and they are tough strings cause i do alot of bending and stuff so, elixers might be them
Quote by Øttər
I'll accept Jesus into my heart if the neighboorhood accepts my penis into it's street.
elixirs are AWESOME strings. just saying.
EQUIPMENT:
Guitars:
2003 Fender MIM Strat
2008 Ibanez AEG20E A/E Cutaway
2011 Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro
Amps:
Epiphone Valve Jr. Halfstack BitMo Trio Modded
60W All Tube Egnater Renegade Head and Cab.
GHS Boomers. I love them.

But serious question, what color where the ball end on the strings?
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
GHS boomers are garbage. The high e breaks in like a week. They aren't elixr's... i've used them before and they have that coating on them that you can see. These are just plain jane strings... the ball ends are colored like d'addarios but i've never had a set last me THIS long

Elixir nanowebs RULE they last for som much longer than other strings and aren't even expensive
Ibanez ship their guitars with Elixirs, as do Schecter and Tanglewood. So yes, yes they are Elixirs.
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
Quote by jaffawoman
Ibanez ship their guitars with Elixirs, as do Schecter and Tanglewood. So yes, yes they are Elixirs.

Schecters ship with GHS strings - well, those came on my Tempest Custom.
Quote by -MintSauce-
Schecters ship with GHS strings - well, those came on my Tempest Custom.

Eh, I'm just going with what it says on the Elixir website.
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
Whoever was bitching about Boomers up there needs to give them a second try!
I love my medium-gauge Boomers. Wipe em down with fast fret. They sound great and they last long.

TS, its entirely possible that its a different brand of coated strings besides Elixir.... there's so many of them out there now.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
i just wish i knew for sure... they're awesome