i looked in the stickies, i searched, and i googled.

ever since ive got my jackson Dx10 about 2 years ago ive always had tuning problems ONLY on the low e string. i can just tap the bar and it will send the E down atleast a half step, usually almost 2 steps and i just tune it to drop d.

i do EVERYTHING right, its been professionally set up twice.

is it something faulty with my floyd or is it operator error?
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Last edited by conor1148 at Jan 9, 2009,
You may want to try adding another spring. I always make sure my floyd-type bridges are well lubed at the knife point, I use wd-40.
Quote by timbre
You may want to try adding another spring. I always make sure my floyd-type bridges are well lubed at the knife point, I use wd-40.

so wd-40 is safe to use on the floyd? even if its a crappy potmetal licensed?
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

Quote by conor1148
so wd-40 is safe to use on the floyd? even if its a crappy potmetal licensed?

well theres your problem lol
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
i wouldnt use WD-40. itl wear off to quikly. next time you change ur strings put a tiny bit of chapstick right where the knife edge rests on the post. and also make sure youre locking sadlle block doesnt have a notch in it that would cause the string to slide out. and make sure its tightened very tight. also make sure your intonation screws on the front of each sadlle and directly under each string is tightened very tight.
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
ill try the chapstick, whenever this happens it BARELY affects any other strings.

its like its loosing tension somehow, when the nut is fine, the tuners are fine, and everything is tightened.
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.