Page 1 of 2
My XBox went Red Ring of Death today. I tried all the little tricks to get it to work, but none of them worked.

Soooo discuss. Has your XBox died, any other consoles, did you fix it, ect.
Strats & Seagulls
i have a zombie box, it went red ring, but the next day it worked (still has the red ring)

i guess i got off lucky
My 360 was scaring me earlier... I was playing Portal for the 1000000023348923798^10 time, when I saw something odd out of the corner of my eye.

I keep my 360 upright next to my TV, and the little light that shows what controllers are synched and on was switching between 1 and 2, when I had both controllers next to me; one was on, one was off.

I figured it was some gyroscope thing (the reason why it doesn't matter the orientation of your console, the top-left is 1, top-right is 2, etc.), but I turned it off to be safe.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
don't try any of those tricks anymore it screws it up more believe me and have you called microsoft?
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.

harryberg1's phone number :401-787-3317
One day I turned on my Xbox and got the red rings of death.

Then I turned off my Xbox and turned it back on.

Bye bye red rings of death.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Quote by elimination1021
don't try any of those tricks anymore it screws it up more believe me and have you called microsoft?

Yeah they're having me send it back so it can be "repaired". Oh boy.
Strats & Seagulls
Quote by xxBR34KD0WN
Yeah they're having me send it back so it can be "repaired". Oh boy.

they'll replace it microsoft is good
Quote by Sonicxlover

What is the big deal? If it is under warranty then why complain? People complain about this all the time on here. I understand why it might be annoying if you really like video games, but yeah.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
^ I hope so (two posts above).

And I'm complaining mainly because I don't know how reliable Microsoft is now.
Strats & Seagulls
Last edited by xxBR34KD0WN at Jan 9, 2009,
dude you can fix it, my dad has done it a few times, one of the issues is that it keeps overheating, its some sort of gell, and it hardens up, what u need to do is justt replace the gell, simple

if u dont understand, just google it xD

What Goes Up

Must Come Down
Last edited by Stingz. at Jan 9, 2009,
Quote by RockGuitar92
What is the big deal? If it is under warranty then why complain? People complain about this all the time on here. I understand why it might be annoying if you really like video games, but yeah.

Because it shouldn't be an issue in the first place?

Either way I laugh at your choice in consoles and remind the thread of the superiority of the SNES.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
It just happened to my brother, it went red ring 1 or 2 times before but this time it went red ring and he couldnt play anymore lol. It was xmas holidays so he couldnt get it fixed right away and he was pissed (he plays alot of video games lol). He hasnt gotten it back yet but Ive heard its quite common.
My Gear:

Fender Aerodyne Stratocaster
NOS Tweed Fender Blues Jr
Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
Quote by Stingz.
dude you can fix it, my dad has done it a few times, one of the issues is that it keeps overheating, its some sort of gell, and it hardens up, what u need to do is justt replace the gell, simple

if u dont understand, just google it xD

That's for over heating. I had a hardware failure.
Strats & Seagulls
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Because it shouldn't be an issue in the first place?

Either way I laugh at your choice in consoles and remind the thread of the superiority of the SNES.

It is an electronic device. **** happens. My iPod decided to stop working, but I didn't come on here making a thread about it. Among countless other electronics.
Quote by Tyler Durden

Erowid
Trust me,
it's worth it to send it in.

Mine hasn't broken again since.

Oh, and alot of people say "LULZ I get RROD every other time I turn it on"
The ring lights up red if you plug it in wrong.
It's not a system failure 2/3 of the time
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Quote by snow blind
Time to buy PS3!

yeah right... that's $500 ill never get back i get my ps3 9 months later it justs magically breaks and sony won't do anything about it still under warranty too
Quote by Sonicxlover

Well don't moan at us, send it off to microsoft!

It took them all of 12 days to fix and return mine for free, which isn't too long considering it had to travel to and from germany.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Quote by RockGuitar92
It is an electronic device. **** happens. My iPod decided to stop working, but I didn't come on here making a thread about it. Among countless other electronics.

There's "**** happens" and then there's the failure rate of the xbox360. How many other pieces of hardware do you know of that have an acronym for one problem because it's so common? It should never be that you're in the lucky majority if your console keeps working.

Quote by sneyob
Oh, and alot of people say "LULZ I get RROD every other time I turn it on"
The ring lights up red if you plug it in wrong.
It's not a system failure 2/3 of the time

If the A/V cable isn't plugged in properly all 4 of the lights around the power button light up red, RRoD only uses 3 of them.

Also...try saying "it's worth it" to the people who've been through 10+ of the bloody things.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
There's "**** happens" and then there's the failure rate of the xbox360. How many other pieces of hardware do you know of that have an acronym for one problem because it's so common? It should never be that you're in the lucky majority if your console keeps working.

If it happens so often then what is the big deal. Maybe you should of went the extra mile and got a PS3. Just saying. I know there is a few games people like better on the 360, but the failure rate isn't that high on it I hear. Oh well if they send you a new one it should be in good condition because the new ones have a lower failure rate I think.
Quote by Tyler Durden

Erowid
Yea My PS3 just died on my today when I got home from school. Less than a month old, and my dad just took it back to best buy and got a brand new one. I have to beat all my games again and downlaod everything again though :/
Quote by MetalOblivion93
The Philosopher = Smart
The Philosopher = Win

Quote by sashki
Slayer wrote a negative song about you because you considered the possibility of them writing a positive song.

JOIN THE PS3 ALLIANCE GROUP
Quote by RockGuitar92
If it happens so often then what is the big deal. Maybe you should of went the extra mile and got a PS3. Just saying. I know there is a few games people like better on the 360, but the failure rate isn't that high on it I hear. Oh well if they send you a new one it should be in good condition because the new ones have a lower failure rate I think.

No...the failure rate is that high; I just left/got fired from a job at a computer and console repair shop, there were hundreds of the fuckers just laying around.

I would also like to state at this point that I own NONE of the current console generation.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by elimination1021
yeah right... that's $500 ill never get back i get my ps3 9 months later it justs magically breaks and sony won't do anything about it still under warranty too

2 things

1) a PS3 is made well, so it won't break in 9 months. I've had mine since april two years ago and have left it on for 13+ hours without any problems

2) A friend of mine DIDNT have a warranty, his ps3 fell down the stairs but IMO it looked like he crushed it with a hammer or something, he sent it to sony and they replaced it, no questions asked.
Quote by snow blind
2 things

1) a PS3 is made well, so it won't break in 9 months. I've had mine since april two years ago and have left it on for 13+ hours without any problems

2) A friend of mine DIDNT have a warranty, his ps3 fell down the stairs but IMO it looked like he crushed it with a hammer or something, he sent it to sony and they replaced it, no questions asked.

Both consoles have pros and cons.

No one cares which one you like more.

Don't try to force it on other people.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
No...the failure rate is that high; I just left/got fired from a job at a computer and console repair shop, there were hundreds of the fuckers just laying around.

I would also like to state at this point that I own NONE of the current console generation.

Either do I, but I know about the whole **** not working when it should. Well instead of all the "you"s in my post just imagine "TS" then. Yeah I didn't wanna get a 360 after I heard they break a lot. The new consoles are cool, but they sacrificed overall quality in the product IMO. The PS2 and XBox didn't have any problems from what I recall. Same thing with the new iPods. They look cool, but they don't work all the great most of the time. Lots of people have had to send them into apple. I am glad that I grew out of video games. I don't have to deal with spending all that money on something that will most likely fail.
Quote by Tyler Durden

Erowid
Quote by RockGuitar92
The PS2 and XBox didn't have any problems from what I recall.

"Disk cannot be read." Happened to 2 of my Xboxes and 1 of my PS2s.

And most of the problems people have aren't the console's fault, it's the fault of the dip**** console-monkeys playing them.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
My XBox, was 2 years old anyways, so it's not like I expected it to be at the top of it's game, but still. It shouldn't really just die.
Strats & Seagulls
Quote by Pac_man0123
Both consoles have pros and cons.

No one cares which one you like more.

Don't try to force it on other people.

I'm not

I just don't want people to be misinformed, if someone says that PS3's are unreliable and sony doesn't follow through with their warranty, when i know for a fact that neither are true then I'll tell them.
360=Has an airplane propellor for a fan
360=$5 a month for online
360=RROD
360=No MLB The Show
360=No Resistance
360=No GoW
360=No Wifi
360=No bluray
360=Lame

Convinced yet?
Quote by MetalOblivion93
The Philosopher = Smart
The Philosopher = Win

Quote by sashki
Slayer wrote a negative song about you because you considered the possibility of them writing a positive song.

JOIN THE PS3 ALLIANCE GROUP
Quote by The Philosopher
360=RROD
360=No MLB The Show
360=No Resistance
360=No GoW
360=No Wifi
360=No bluray
360=Lame

Convinced yet?

Um...

What?

Quote by Les_Frederiksen

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
My 360 broke once,I cried.I towel tricked it back to life forever untill my box got there and they sent me a new one.I think the 360 is better than the ps3,I would think its obvious with the 360s wireless compared to the ps3,and the whole 360 no wifi is complete bull ****. I use wifi for my xbox live.
Nice boys don't play rock n' roll...Im not a nice boy and I never was
Quote by The Philosopher
360=RROD
360=No MLB The Show
360=No Resistance
360=No GoW
360=No Wifi
360=No bluray
360=Lame

Convinced yet?

I like how people are still hung up about the issues with the 360s that were fixed like a year ago...
Quote by RockGuitar92
Either do I, but I know about the whole **** not working when it should. Well instead of all the "you"s in my post just imagine "TS" then. Yeah I didn't wanna get a 360 after I heard they break a lot. The new consoles are cool, but they sacrificed overall quality in the product IMO. The PS2 and XBox didn't have any problems from what I recall. Same thing with the new iPods. They look cool, but they don't work all the great most of the time. Lots of people have had to send them into apple. I am glad that I grew out of video games. I don't have to deal with spending all that money on something that will most likely fail.

They probably had their issues but nowhere near as much as the 360 and PS3, that's for sure

I've had my PS2 since the Christmas after it got released and last time I checked it's still going strong...my TV broke though so it could have crapped out in the past few weeks I guess...I hope not.

Quote by xxBR34KD0WN
My XBox, was 2 years old anyways, so it's not like I expected it to be at the top of it's game, but still. It shouldn't really just die.

I refer you to the above: my PS2 is now 8 years old and still working fine.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

I refer you to the above: my PS2 is now 8 years old and still working fine.

My PS2 broke just over one year. I had the newer thin one though. I know that mine friends big one still works.
Strats & Seagulls
Page 1 of 2