Okay just got my first electric, and need an amp. It has to be under 200 new, so i can hopefully find one on craigslist under 150-maybe 170.

dallas.craigslist.org if you want to help find.

It needs to have bass mids and treble knobs because i want to dial in my own tone, not use just models the the roland cubes. I was looking at a valvetronix vt30xl on craigslist for 150. are they any good? what is the difference between the XL version and the normal 30?

If thats not very good, do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks
meant to post in gear. Can someone move for me since i dont know how? or ill just make a new one in gear
The xl version has more gain and is geared towards metal players. I would go with the regular vox; its way more versatile. But the vox valvetronics line are very good starter amps. Also try The epiphone valve jr, Crate V series, or some cheap Blackhearts. Just avoid solid state amps
Quote by sanks1
The xl version has more gain and is geared towards metal players. I would go with the regular vox; its way more versatile. But the vox valvetronics line are very good starter amps. Also try The epiphone valve jr, Crate V series, or some cheap Blackhearts. Just avoid solid state amps

you tell him the Vox is a very good amp, then tell him to avoid solid state