I'm 19, in college, make ~375usd a month working minimum wage. I love guitar but video games have been my passion since Super Mario Bros came out for the NES. I'm thinking about buying an standard Xbox package, xbox live, a turtle beach headset, and Call of Duty 5 to start out.

Do I buy or do I not, Pit!? And recomendations!
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Call of Duty 5 is out??

I don't even have 4 yet.

I hate being 16.
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
Look about 2 threads down

"my Xbox just red ring of death"

do you really want to be a part of this?
I've been here since '04.

^ stop bitching, mine took a max of 2 weeks wen mine RROD'd, its not that bad, just play guitar or something

edit: damn i'm slow, that was for two posts above
Quote by NFFC_1865
Look about 2 threads down

"my Xbox just red ring of death"

do you really want to be a part of this?

I've heard the 2009 Xbox models have improvements on overheating problems.

And yes CoD4 > CoD5 but they are both fun.
-Jim Morrison
Buy a guitar hero controller
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
i wouldnt. 19+college student+guitarist+minimum wage= tough enough already. dont buy it. trust me: it will CONSUME you and take up a sh*t load your time, and you wont notice it until its too late. basically, its not the best idea for you right now. i just went through the same decision about 3 months ago, and after the fourth time of being late for work due to staying up waaaay too late playing the damn thing, i sold it. used the money to buy a g400 (much better investment XD). just my opinion though.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Quote by Strato-Massacre
i wouldnt. 19+college student+guitarist+minimum wage= tough enough already. dont buy it. trust me: it will CONSUME you and take up a sh*t load your time, and you wont notice it until its too late. basically, its not the best idea for you right now. i just went through the same decision about 3 months ago, and after the fourth time of being late for work due to staying up waaaay too late playing the damn thing, i sold it. used the money to buy a g400 (much better investment XD). just my opinion though.

Two words: Self control. If you have it, there isn't a problem.
Remember that GAMING THREAD we had that one time? you know, the one with all of the people in it who wanted to talk about video games and answer question related to them.

Those were good times weren't they?
Quote by happytimeharry

Well I don't as of now, I'm planning on saving for two months or so. I've got alittle under three hundred to my name right now and my parents help me out for school. I just bought Guitar Rig: Session ($200) and my Epiphone Les Paul ($500) so I'm in a slum for awhile =)

Basically, since I am fortunate enough to not have the burden of tuition or bills for another year or so, I want to buy some stuff now while I don't have the lurking bills and responsibility over my head. =)

i.e. get the fun **** out of the way while i can.
-Jim Morrison
Last edited by SlinkyBlue at Jan 9, 2009,
na man the x box only has call of dudy there good games but evantully ul get boared buy a plastation three they have beter games trust me on this realy trust me on it
Quote by cueva101
na man the x box only has call of dudy there good games but evantully ul get boared buy a plastation three they have beter games trust me on this realy trust me on it

Serious? If we're talking about game selection, Xbox > PS3, no question.

Besides I don't buy tons of games. Call of Duty and halo are all I'm interested in ATM. I mainly want to play with my friends.
-Jim Morrison
Quote by cueva101

With punctuation and spelling like that, how could he not trust you?

TS, if you want a console for gaming, get a 360. If you want a media center, get a PS3. I own both. I only use the PS3 for blu-ray.
Buy it.

Games Library + Community (Live) + Performance

It's pure awesome.

RROD isn't that big of a deal anyway.
Worst case scenario your Box is gone for maybe a week,
then you get a free month of Live service for your trouble.
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Quote by cueva101

Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by cueva101

Oh, you mean **** uf Doody 4 Modirn Gay****stoopid

*cookies for the reference*
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Quote by happytimeharry

kkool. but this guy is obviously on a tight budget, and has some pretty important stuff going on right now. the point of that post wasnt to say "xbox is bad! you will fail and lose your job!" it was just to show him an example of what happened to somebody who made the same decision as him, in a pretty similar situation, so that he might be able to make a better, more informed decision.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
I got a xbox 360 and enjoy the hell out of it, I still play my guitar more but its nice to kill some time. It has some great games I really enjoy and xbox live rocks. I'm a 20 year old college student and I had no troubles with it CONSUMING my life. Its just something to do. Moderation people
is too young to be versed in such grown up ways...

please listen to my band at www.drawntofury.com