Poll: Most important pickup
Poll Options
View poll results: Most important pickup
Neck
9 36%
Bridge
16 64%
Voters: 25.
The one that is in the thread just like this.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
It depends on what I'm playing. For jazz and some blues I use the neck. For some songs I use both (I play a lot of Zeppelin this way). And for stuff that I want more bite and output I use the bridge.
Neck, nice and heavy.
Quote by Bartleby
i tune to drop-Z and string my guitar with barbed wire.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
we r all rlaeted bcuz teh bibel sez so we r al innbreads lolo

Prime Minister of Puppets of The Australia FTW Club

One of The 9 Winners of the Official 5th MOD Contest
Quote by guitarmaniac88
The one that is in the thread just like this.

I deleted the first thread since I forgot the poll.
Both, I run my guitar in the middle position. Neck by itself in a les paul can get a little muddy, bridge is better by itself, but is just a little too thin sometimes. So I run my pickups in the middle, bridge at 10 but turn down the neck volume to 4-5, gets a nice fat tone that doesn't mud up and I can dial in more of the neck pickup for a thicker sound or roll off more of the neck volume for more brightness.
Quote by al112987
Both, I run my guitar in the middle position. Neck by itself in a les paul can get a little muddy, bridge is better by itself, but is just a little too thin sometimes. So I run my pickups in the middle, bridge at 10 but turn down the neck volume to 4-5, gets a nice fat tone that doesn't mud up and I can dial in more of the neck pickup for a thicker sound or roll off more of the neck volume for more brightness.

Thanks for the detailed response.
I use all 5 positions on my Strat on a regular basis. I suppose the one I use the least is the bridge but I have no idea what position I use the most.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
fail
GEAR:
PRS CU22 10 top with #10
Gibson lp studio (fireburst)
MIA 06' fender strat sss

Orange rockerverb 50 c

morley rotating speaker '62
" pro wah
mxr flanger '73
line 6 dl4 x2, fm4, dm4
mi audio tube zone
love pedal karl fuzz