one of our favorite UGer's, Mr. Otter, is placing an order for 2 TDM Pickups! I already began assembling his single coil but here's a picture of some of the parts The baseplate, magnet, poles, wires, etc for his humbucker are in my closet and ready to see the light of day these should be done early this week

Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
That's pretty sick!

I'm diggin' the ergo-board! I've always loved typing on those

looking forward to see how these bad boys turn out!
------

Shwiggity.
he wanted matching white pickups... one single, one humbucker... a bluesy single and a head splitting humby... i'm sure he'll like what I have in mind

On a side note, I got a review from a guy that ordered a 7 string pickup for an ibanez artcore that he had. He hated every pickup he put in it (a dimarzio and a duncan) and could never get the tone and response he wanted. The artcore he has is a 24.75 scale 7 string . He said the pickup I made for him totally changed the sound and response of the guitar and he's actually going to finally play it at shows for the first time since he's owned it!

I will have clips and a review very soon

yea the ergo board isnt so bad... it's the microsoft one. i got it because my hands are almost crippled sometimes when i'm on the computer. i had an ergo mouse but it took a crap on me the other day... back to the little dell one i guess...

I just ordered a sony vaio aw290 notebook... it's sick. 18.4" wide screen 1080i HD monitor... I got it for CAD/CAM work on the road... I'm going to be doing a lot of consultant work since I was "removed" from my job in december for telling off the japanese manager

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
Last edited by nuthinbuttrubl8 at Jan 9, 2009,
I hate ergo boards! My dad has one in his office and when I type on it it is just so weird.

Thanks for posting pictures man, and thanks even more for making me some killer pickups! Soundclips happen as soon as I can play the guitar.

w00t!

OtterEDIT: That's good to hear Phil!

OtterEDIT2: Did you drop the C-bomb on him? I mea the one that starts with C and ends with K...?

I did that to a Chinese kid in my guitar class, really loud, like twice.

Suffice to say I'm not in guitar class anymore.

OtterEDIT3: Ok, I just realized how racist I came across.

Let me say that I love asian people. I am not racist. I used the C bomb in series of jokes.

My bad, I apologize to anyone who was offended by this.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Last edited by Øttər at Jan 9, 2009,
well, Ryan, I think you'll like these when you get them. I haven't heard a complaint from a customer yet. The ones that complained suddenly disappeared shortly after...

<.<

>.>

I already love them.. .I promise! I promise!

I love the way they sound!

Don't kill me .
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
The consulting work i'm picking up has potential of doubling my income from last year... it all depends on how much traveling I want to do per month. I figure 2 weeks out of town a month will be enough and I'll pick up local accounts as well... I'm hoping for a minimum of $100k this year... which is about 30% more than I made last year working for "da man"

EDIT:

hopefully you'll love them without having to strike fear into your soul

I'm sure I'll love them regardless of how many more threats of rape you e-mail to me.

After the first 3, I sort of want to notify the police. I sort of like it though.

/creepy

really though, good for you man. I hope you make lots of money.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
I wish I could get more guitar orders so I wouldn't have to do the CNC consulting but it is what it is... I want to pay the mortgage off on my house as soon as I can... if I can keep the big bucks rolling in I'd like it to be possible to retire early...

maybe i'll do some kinda girls gone wild thing... naked women = private jets and islands

edit:

I just jacked my own thread

Mmmhhmm!

Eh, just build guitars and find a way to pay through life.

Grow drugs. It's a very lucrative industry.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Quote by nuthinbuttrubl8
I wish I could get more guitar orders so I wouldn't have to do the CNC consulting but it is what it is... I want to pay the mortgage off on my house as soon as I can... if I can keep the big bucks rolling in I'd like it to be possible to retire early...

maybe i'll do some kinda girls gone wild thing... naked women = private jets and islands

edit:

I just jacked my own thread

You forgot!

?)

heh heh

yar. drugs. mmm.
------

Shwiggity.
wax potting in the morning right before I put them in the mail

what kinda specs you want, chris?

I'll be posting sound clips when I finish the guitar, just to let everyone know.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Quote by nuthinbuttrubl8

I think he was asking.

Also, what's the price for them? I'd need a couple HB's for an LP... Tight bass in the bridge with clear treble (not biting though) and LOTS of mids, it has to be high output (I'm thinking ~15-17.5K). clear in the neck but still has some oomph. Mid-high (9.5-10k?) output here. I'm thinking A5 for both... I like A5.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Jan 17, 2009,
Can I tell?

Well, Phil said in another thread.

US$150 for the pair, shipped to my door, And I'm in Canada! A lot less than the competition.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
HELL YES
I'll be doing that... You know, Duncan does the same price as what you paid for stock models.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
the singles are a little less expensive and since you got the single/humbucker combo it was a little less... it was actually $154.50 after paypal fees

I can't wait til those pickups get to you, Ryan, I'm dying to hear what they sound like... all I have are resistance and inductance figures written down and none of the happy customers i've asked for clips have given me anything yet

I do know the pickups I made for my buddy's les paul sounded good and he loved the "zep live album tone" he could get out of them... his own words. The guy I made the 7 stringer for said he's gonna send me clips but i'm still waiting...

Last edited by nuthinbuttrubl8 at Jan 17, 2009,
Quote by nuthinbuttrubl8

magnets
spacing
wire
resistance
thread on the poles
metal alloys
That kind of thing.

I'm also wondering where you got the bobbins.
Not taking any online orders.
PM will be sent shortly