Im looking for a nice tube combo amp thats A) Not Overly expensive or powerful, B)Sounds good and loud enough to gig with. I have always wanted a Mesa and know they are generally good amps and just noticed some of their smaller combo amps. Does anyone know about price,availability,and quality of these:

F-30
F-50
Express 5:25
Express 5:50
Quote by bigfoamfinger
Im looking for a nice tube combo amp thats A) Not Overly expensive or powerful, B)Sounds good and loud enough to gig with. I have always wanted a Mesa and know they are generally good amps and just noticed some of their smaller combo amps. Does anyone know about price,availability,and quality of these:

F-30
F-50
Express 5:25
Express 5:50

All of the above are fantastic amps. The F-30 and F-50 are discontinued now, as you probably already know, but they were very good and less expensive. They are great versatility amps and can easily get into high gain metal. But you said not overly powerful, so I'd think the express might be better. It has some of the best cleans on any amp out there. The overdrive is decent for anything up to most thrash metal, but it sounds best when it's at hard-to-modern rock. This is the 5:50 that I have of course, it'll sound alot different from the 5:25, because the 5:25 has EL34 tubes and the 5:50 has 6L6 tubes. EL34's have more of a british sound and give a much better classic rock overdrive tone, while 6L6's generally have better cleans, more warmth, and an "american" sound. I prefer 6L6's any day, but that's just my opinion. And don't worry about how loud it is, it can easily get over the drums(and sound fantastic while doing so) on 5w. When you switch to 50, it just punches your balls in the face.

But definitely get an F:30 or an express 5:25/50 if you want an lower-cost Boogie. F30's and 50's can go for 600-900$ depending on amp/condition used, and expresses anywhere between 800 and 1200 used. Usually the 1x12 expresses lie around 900 bucks used on ebay.
Fender American Strat HSS MAHOGANY!
MXR Carbon Copy
BBE Soul Vibe
Fulltone OCD
Planet Waves Chromatic Tuner
Egnater Tweaker 1x12 Combo
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 2x12 combo
Morley Mark Tremonti Wah
Taylor 114CE
Quote by harrisonmon
All of the above are fantastic amps. The F-30 and F-50 are discontinued now, as you probably already know, but they were very good and less expensive. They are great versatility amps and can easily get into high gain metal. But you said not overly powerful, so I'd think the express might be better. It has some of the best cleans on any amp out there. The overdrive is decent for anything up to most thrash metal, but it sounds best when it's at hard-to-modern rock. This is the 5:50 that I have of course, it'll sound alot different from the 5:25, because the 5:25 has EL34 tubes and the 5:50 has 6L6 tubes. EL34's have more of a british sound and give a much better classic rock overdrive tone, while 6L6's generally have better cleans, more warmth, and an "american" sound. I prefer 6L6's any day, but that's just my opinion. And don't worry about how loud it is, it can easily get over the drums(and sound fantastic while doing so) on 5w. When you switch to 50, it just punches your balls in the face.

But definitely get an F:30 or an express 5:25/50 if you want an lower-cost Boogie. F30's and 50's can go for 600-900$ depending on amp/condition used, and expresses anywhere between 800 and 1200 used. Usually the 1x12 expresses lie around 900 bucks used on ebay.

Dude, great info! Thanks!