The Orange Crush 30R combo and the Rocker 30W combo?

Cause there has to be something, cause theres like a $1300 price difference, and I wanna know if its worth the extra $1300...lol
The Crush is solid state and the rocker is tube.... rocker is 1000x better.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
^
Pretty much it.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Im wasnt really impressed by the crush. Also the rocker is just pure goodness
gotcha.

so I should pretty much save all year and get the Rocker later this year, possibly into next year?
Orange crush has great great cleans, and a decent rock tone. That's bout all it can do.

oh and it has spring reverb.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Well, you could save all year and get a rocker. Or you could possibly look at some brands other than Orange. If you want amp suggestions, list your location, type of music, and how much you are looking to save up.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
well first it all depends on me getting a job. I pretty much have my heart set on an Orange, but i guess im always open to suggestions. I would be using for small gigs, and at church a lot, but i was kind of hoping to get a new amp soonish, cause im playing out of a little Randall amp right now, its okay but it gets the job done. So would possibly getting the crush soon, then waiting til next year then getting the Rocker? or would that be dumb? I guess i'll have to go into my guitar store and trying em out.

and I play mostly like rhythm guitar for church (so a nice little crunch), and everything from pop-punk to metalcore and stuff like that. Im using a DigiTech RP90 if that helps (not the greatest, but that'll be down the road as well.
1500 bucks for the Rocker combo??? Thats insane. I'd say go for the Crush. Or if you plan on spending 1500 bucks, get a real nice tube half stack. If I was spending that kind of coin, I'd buy something I could take to gigs.
Quote by UOfan777
well first it all depends on me getting a job. I pretty much have my heart set on an Orange, but i guess im always open to suggestions. I would be using for small gigs, and at church a lot, but i was kind of hoping to get a new amp soonish, cause im playing out of a little Randall amp right now, its okay but it gets the job done. So would possibly getting the crush soon, then waiting til next year then getting the Rocker? or would that be dumb? I guess i'll have to go into my guitar store and trying em out.

and I play mostly like rhythm guitar for church (so a nice little crunch), and everything from pop-punk to metalcore and stuff like that. Im using a DigiTech RP90 if that helps (not the greatest, but that'll be down the road as well.

Why? If you're not certain what an Orange sounds like (trust me, there is a pretty clear difference between the Crush and Rocker), then how are you sure you want an Orange? You could always look at Marshall, or Laney, or something like that. They all have somewhat similar British voicings.
Quote by UOfan777

Wasting your money on a crush now, meaning you have to save even longer for a nice amp, is a terrible idea. But as said above, there are other good amp brands that have a similar voicing to the orange. What about orange do you like so much? The color?
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by MommasHooligan
1500 bucks for the Rocker combo??? Thats insane. I'd say go for the Crush. Or if you plan on spending 1500 bucks, get a real nice tube half stack. If I was spending that kind of coin, I'd buy something I could take to gigs.

30W tube would be sufficient I think... Normal 30W tube is loud enough, but Oranges are louder than regualar (Watts are calculated on cleans, not on distortion...) If I'd had 1500 bucks to spare, I would buy a rocker combo (between the 2)
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

what about a tiny terror since you are dead set on orange?
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
a tube is 1300$ MORE?
WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY
Quote by hell_monkey
Lmao pantera? you'd think obama listened to some tupac or something
Quote by al112987
Why? If you're not certain what an Orange sounds like (trust me, there is a pretty clear difference between the Crush and Rocker), then how are you sure you want an Orange? You could always look at Marshall, or Laney, or something like that. They all have somewhat similar British voicings.

+1

i haven't tried the crush, but i'd assume it sounds nowhere near as good. because if it did, orange would have gone out of business long ago.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?