Hi guys

Ever since I started playing bass the only amp I've had is a Peavey MAX 158, which is only 15W and was good enough for practicing at home and little jams with my friends...

Now that i'm in two bands, both with two guitars and loud drummers, I need an upgrade... I can spend less than 400 bucks. I know it's not much but I want to get the best I can in that price range...

So could you suggest me some amps, please?
Im kinda in the same boat, although I have a bigger budget. Unrelated though, how do you like the sr305? I was looking at some basses and I really liked the feel of that one, but didnt get to try it out through an amp.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
Quote by Ktool The Girth
Im kinda in the same boat, although I have a bigger budget. Unrelated though, how do you like the sr305? I was looking at some basses and I really liked the feel of that one, but didnt get to try it out through an amp.

It's awesome it's very comfortable and with the active electronics you can get almost any tone you want.
I just upgraded from the Fender, i gotta say i liked it alot at first(anything beats a straight DI into my PA after my last amp commited suicide, over my sr305DX ironicly) But i quickly realised my guitarist and drummer complety drowned it out you can feel it, but it doesnt cut though the mix what so ever. The other thing i hated about it was it had no gain control, which completly kills my creativity. Just upgraded to a GK stack much better.

to who ever was asking about the sr305, not much i can say about it besides its rock solid. Ive dropped mine, knocked it over probly 50 times, it gets its dings and scratches but still plays beautifully.
Avoid the Rumble!

I have it and I have a two serious issues with it:
1)Not loud enough, I'm drown out with a heavy handed drummer.
2)Tone is lacking, it's kind of bland.

I would look an at either and Ashdown or and Acoustic. They're both well built, sound better than the Rumble and will have more watts.
Quote by Captain Insano
Avoid the Rumble!

Agreed

Look into acoustic they make good products and they fit in your price range for something that has surprising volume
Keep On Keepen' On
^

I've had good experiences with Rumbles. Although, I used quite a few pedals with it so it's possible if you're willing to add to it.

The Acoustic amp is good though, I didn't think about it.
the Acoustic amp is awesome, very clear, very tough- very nice quality.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
keep your eye on ebay. I was looking for a new bass amp and after a week, i got lucky and managed to pick up a Hartke HA3000 head, VX410 cab and a VX115 cab for ONLY £200! absolute bargain. you just have to be patient