Me and my friend want to find some good guitar songs that have two separate guitar parts playing in it. Were at the intermediate stage right now and can play a wide range of things, were into classic rock, bands like pink floyd, steve miller band, led zeppelin, jimmy hendrix etc. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Quote by rakipo
Me and my friend want to find some good guitar songs that have two separate guitar parts playing in it. Were at the intermediate stage right now and can play a wide range of things, were into classic rock, bands like pink floyd, steve miller band, led zeppelin, jimmy hendrix etc. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

hmm...

I'd say just about any song that has been written falls under that criteria.

How about 'What's Eatin' You' by Airbourne. Simple song, and you only need 2 guitars to play the song, even though band uses 3...
All for one and one for all.
June by Spock's Beard.

edit:

Oooh almost forgot Pathos - Darkest Hour
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

Thru teh fyre and teh flamez! its lyke toteally epic with its taps and crazy sweepz!
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
You could try some Slightly Stoopid of you want some acoustic/reggae/rock.
LARGE TEXT
Quote by Holy.
You could try some Slightly Stoopid of you want some acoustic/reggae/rock.

Oh hell yes. Try these guys out TS. They have some of the best acoustic guitar playing I've ever heard.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
Oh hell yes. Try these guys out TS. They have some of the best acoustic guitar playing I've ever heard.

Their live acoustic album is badass.
LARGE TEXT
Quote by Holy.
Their live acoustic album is badass.

I've gotta couple songs from it. I've been listening the hell out of Chronchitis lately.

Welcome Home - Cohhed and Cambria

The solo is meant for two guitarists and you can pull it off as a battle.
Eternity isn't long
If all you so is sleep
And forever is just a little while
If all you do is dream.

All Alone is All we Are
Wish You Were Here - Floyd

I'd Love to Change the World - 10 Years After

Badge - Cream

Radar Love - Gold Earring

Over the Hills and Far Away - Zepp

Searchbar - Billy Intarwebz and the Traveling Searchbars
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
learn how to do your own arrangements, then pretty much any song can be a good two guitar song.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
If it's your first time doing a two guitar piece, I'd start off with Sum 41. It's easy and fun to play and you can use that as a stepping stone into more complicated things like Pearl Jam or whatever you want.
Quote by SleightOfHand
****in right budday! grunge is the shiite!

didnt read ur post tho so dont know what im agreeing to.

Quote by horloko
Good. More centaur pussy for me.

Quote by myearshurt

God bless you GrungeBeatle

You can also try the General by Dispatch. I saw a duet of it on youtube which included a solo as well and it was pretty fawesome.
LARGE TEXT
train kept a rollin' - aerosmith. great rhythm guitar part and plenty of solo space to trade off with.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Good Mourning/Black Friday- Megadeth

Hate To Feel- Alice In Chains
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
To Tame a Land - Iron Maiden

EDIT:
I know Punkable_Tabs said anything by them but it's the first 4 albums that have really good 2-guitar parts. To Tame a Land is both heavy, melodic and leaves that face melting affect on anyone you play it to.
*shrugs* I don't know...
Last edited by Jaykib at Jan 10, 2009,
Quote by PollyWntsCrack
do like Embryo by Sabbath. is that two guitars? or 3? idk.

One. :|
*shrugs* I don't know...
Quote by PollyWntsCrack
i swear i hear a second guitar.

/im a n00b.

It's fingerpicked. You're forgiven. Not too hard actually, learn it.
*shrugs* I don't know...
Better by Guns N Roses, lots of double guitar.
Also Paradise City would be a great one. You can do a lot of double work in the outro solo especially.
Quote by Ed Hunter
I took out a fly with my jet of piss once. I felt like God!

“This is ridiculous; my job is to sit here and do this bloo-loo-loo-loo, bloo-loo-loo-loo” - Paul Gilbert on sweep picking.
Last edited by TheRavenEffekt at Jan 10, 2009,