I recently decided to update my Strat with some new hardware including a set of Fender's SCN Hot Rod Shop pick ups.

After some initial issues they are in and working.

They sound great when played in clear tone and actually no so bad with my boxed distortion but, I'm kind of dis-statified with the sound when using my Fender Performer tube preamp distortion. Most likely caused to the "noiseless" feature I seem to be losing all the tone and crunch I'm accustom to.

I wonder if I should of gone with something else? perhaps the EMG SA set up which are active and appear to be more along the lines of what I hoped to achieve.

I wanted to update from my factory Jap pickups but, not give up the crunch and sustain I'm use to.

Any suggestions?
Personally, I'd get a David Gilmour set. I'm a bit biased, though.

Look into Lace Sensor pickups. a Red in the Bridge, Purple in the neck, and Silver in the middle.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
try a Duncan hotrails or JB jr. in the bridge, there are a few Dimarzios that I don't know the name of (Chopper is one, I think).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
try a Duncan hotrails or JB jr. in the bridge, there are a few Dimarzios that I don't know the name of (Chopper is one, I think).

I actually just pulled a Duncan Hot Rail from the bridge on my Strat I put it quite a few years ago and honestly wasn't thrilled with it.

As of late I've been mostly playing off the original neck position. It seemed to get the best response from both my amp and my box distortion and a relatively decent clean tone.

I'm going to keep messing with the SCN's for now. I probably should of done some more research as the more I read the less it appears they were what I was hoping to accomplish.

I'm definitely open to suggestions since if these don't cut it I will definitely be in the market for something a little more my taste.
+1 with the Lace Sensor Pickups, I personally find them superb.
In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
Banned for being the coolest April 08'er on UG.

please check out my own album:
almilano.bandcamp.com