So i recently made some money from working and im ready to get some new gear and would appreciate some suggestions. I'm wanting a new guitar and amp, my budget is probably around $2000 total...My current guitar and amp is a marshall mg50dfx and a gibson sg faded.

I play many different music genres (Blues, Rock, Metal, Alternative)
Here is what I would do:

Amp: Some form of tube amp. Really depends on your personal preference.

Guitar: Have someone in GB&C make you a custom guitar. There are some insanely talented amateur luthiers in there.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
well id suggest upgrading the amp. If your a fan of marshall $2000 bucks could get you a used JCM series amp (800 or 2000) or a new vintage modern or JVM. I dont know a whole lot about Mesa but the ones that ive played are very nice. You might check those out. Ive also tried the 5150 III at Guitar Center a while back and thats a real versitle amp as well but i dont know the price. Depending on what you get you might even have some money left over for some effects. The best thing to do is to try em our and see what you think.
In that case get a low-wattage tube amp and possibly an attenuator to keep things at a human level. If you like vintage Marshall-y tones, Blackhearts sound pretty cool. Look them up on YouTube. I just ordered the Little Giant, which is a 5/3w switchable amp.

I also found some +$1000 boutique low-wattage tube amps on MF.

And seriously, if you want a new guitar, get one custom built to your exact specs by one of the guys in GB&C. Otter and LP Addict some of the nicer builds, and they make their guitars for a fairly low sum of money.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
^Yes, those guys are talented.

If I had $2,000 I'd probably look on craigslist first and check it daily, check local GC and other shops for deals on killer gear, maybe look at the hand built stuff too...

...and then settle in on MIM/MIA strat, Epi, Schecter, ESP, Jackson and PRS for $500 new or used and then buy a $1,500 amp.

in other words, you need to settle in on the style/type of guitar that fits you best too.