Hey Guys

Just wondering for anyone who lives in Australia if they know where to buy an 'Ibanez WH-10 Wah' Pedal.

If someone could give me a shop name or website or something in Australia

Cheers
They're discontinued and really expensive used, good luck.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
^What that guy said.

I'm assuming that you're a Frusciante fan, if you want his wah sound look into a Vox V847. He never used one, but it sounds decent for that sort of stuff.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Yeah, good luck finding one. The only place you can find them is eBay, and they go for $300-400 sometimes.

I'd suggest a Wilson Ten Spot wah, it's a spot-on clone of the WH10. Since I've been on the hunt for a WH10, I've decided I'm going to get one of these once I save up enough cash. Since you'd have to pay International Shipping fees, I think you could get one for $195 USD, not sure how much that is Australian.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
ahaha yeah i brought one on ebay for like 600+ Australian, and its ****ing faulty!

good luck
Quote by forsaknazrael
^did you know it was broken when you bought it? Haha.

How does anyone even justify that? I can't even justify buying a pedal for over 200 bucks, much less that's specialized just to sound like an artist I may like.

+1

My most expensive pedal was only $112 shipped, I could never spend that kind of money on a pedal.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
Quote by forsaknazrael
^did you know it was broken when you bought it? Haha.

How does anyone even justify that? I can't even justify buying a pedal for over 200 bucks, much less that's specialized just to sound like an artist I may like.

Word. The only pedal at 200 I'd buy is a Fulltone or Lovepedal.
Is the WH-10 better than the current ibanez wah,
the WD-7 weeping demon or whatever?
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by mcrfobtai
yeah

wow just watched videos of the two
the WH-10 rapes
Quote by guitardude34875
Quote by forsaknazrael
I think I paid 160 or something for a Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe...buit that was totally worth it. And it was a steal.

Agreed. I paid $200 for my Picture Wah, and hated every second of spending that much money. It's a fantastic pedal, though.

And that pedal is just like any other "legendary" pedal, I don't see why it couldn't be effectively cloned.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
You would think that there would be a clone or kit out there since the wah is so expensive but I haven't heard of either one.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
im not sure i follow the people who wouldnt pay more than $100 or $200 for a pedal. i mean if you spend a ton of money on your amp, why skimp on the pedal?

as for the wh-10, ive heard its more of a synthy wah. which can be nice, but dont expect to get your classic wah sounds out of it, for the most part. ive heard the gig-fx mega wah does a pretty good imitation, and it also has more standard wah settings as well. if i was to get something like a wh-10, it wouldnt be as a main wah. its too much of a specialized pedal for that. even frusciante doesnt use it all the time, he often goes to a more classic wah sound because it fits a lot of songs better.
Quote by forsaknazrael
^I was just thinking about how it hasn't been yet (that I know of). Don't know why.

I've seen some schematics, but I don't know if anyone has verified them.

Well there is that Ten Spot one. If someone that was good at making pedals wanted to spend a few hundred bucks on one, it could be a very lucrative investment.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
I've heard the ten spot wah is a very close replica, it actually sounds really nice.

Don't think i would get one anytime soon though, or i would just build my own eventually.
reach in the darkness for what you can find travel great distance in your mind.
Quote by jof1029
im not sure i follow the people who wouldnt pay more than $100 or $200 for a pedal. i mean if you spend a ton of money on your amp, why skimp on the pedal?

I suppose that it's that I get more out of an amp?

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Well there is that Ten Spot one. If someone that was good at making pedals wanted to spend a few hundred bucks on one, it could be a very lucrative investment.

I'll have to look into that, haven't heard of it.
^Well, there are some things you can't get out of a amp. A wah sound, for one.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
http://www.wilsoneffects.com/Tenspotwah.html

Theres a link to the ten spot wah made by wilson effects.

The major difference is that its modeled after the black wh-10, and john used the grey wh-10. there is a difference i just cant think of it right now.
reach in the darkness for what you can find travel great distance in your mind.
Last edited by mitch_33 at Jan 12, 2009,
Quote by jof1029

I agree
but i think most people on this forum probably have amps in the $400-$1000
range and spending 1/2 what you spent on your amp probably doesnt sound good to them
I personally will drop whatever I can in pursuit of the tone in my head
Quote by guitardude34875
Quote by jof1029

Ha, I suppose for me it has to do with my amp being about $250, I really can't see myself spending almost as much on a pedal as I did on my amp. However even if I did have a nicer amp I don't think I could spend $200+ on a pedal just because there are plenty of great quality pedals under $200. I suppose if it was an amazing pedal and I really loved the sound and I had the cash to spare I would consider it, but since I'm in college I don't exactly have a lot of money to spare.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
i have pedals that cost more than my "main" amp i mostly use my blackheart LG, which only cost me $150 for the head. ive got a pedal that cost me more than that, and one that cost me about that. most of my other pedals are bought used, and i waited till i got a brilliant deal on them, but i really have no problem buying a $300 pedal if it does what i want. in fact, most of the pedals ive got my eye on cost around $300. cant wait till i graduate and get me a job to pay for some of this stuff.

but then again, spending $500 on a specialized wah just doesnt seem like a good idea to me. if you are going to use it a lot, then its worth it. but if its going to be a gimicky thing that you only use in your small band for one song, not so much. a $300 phaser for me is fine, because i use some setting of phaser in at least half the songs i write. but for people who almost never use one, something like the phase 90 is much more suitable.
Quote by jof1029

as for the wh-10, ive heard its more of a synthy wah. which can be nice, but dont expect to get your classic wah sounds out of it, for the most part. ive heard the gig-fx mega wah does a pretty good imitation, and it also has more standard wah settings as well. if i was to get something like a wh-10, it wouldnt be as a main wah. its too much of a specialized pedal for that. even frusciante doesnt use it all the time, he often goes to a more classic wah sound because it fits a lot of songs better.

I don't use a lot of effects and I can get exactly what I want out of cheaper ones personally.
But when I'm rich and famous I'm sure I'll have very expensive pedals too
Quote by jof1029
i have pedals that cost more than my "main" amp i mostly use my blackheart LG, which only cost me $150 for the head. ive got a pedal that cost me more than that, and one that cost me about that. most of my other pedals are bought used, and i waited till i got a brilliant deal on them, but i really have no problem buying a $300 pedal if it does what i want. in fact, most of the pedals ive got my eye on cost around $300. cant wait till i graduate and get me a job to pay for some of this stuff.

but then again, spending $500 on a specialized wah just doesnt seem like a good idea to me. if you are going to use it a lot, then its worth it. but if its going to be a gimicky thing that you only use in your small band for one song, not so much. a $300 phaser for me is fine, because i use some setting of phaser in at least half the songs i write. but for people who almost never use one, something like the phase 90 is much more suitable.

We have the same amp, but I got the matching cab just to keep the order simple.

I can see your point about an effect if you use it a lot, but I would still really have to convince myself that it couldn't be done with a cheaper pedal.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows