Active or passive pups for that metal sound. I want pups that would sound great playing things such as BFMV, KSE, and as i lay dying.

Also, please recommend a brand and model if you can. My guitar has 2 infinity humbuckers in it right now and i am not happy with them.

And add any input on ceramic or alcino magnets if it applies please. I've heard alcino were better but i have no idea.
Last edited by dcvlehr at Jan 10, 2009,
EMG 81/85 combo is the usual metal pups. They are active.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
We kinda need to know what guitar and amp you have as well.

EMGs are not always the answer.

EMGs are not always the answer, but pretty much the standard in metal nowadays.
Last edited by suffersystem at Jan 10, 2009,
Quote by suffersystem

true. we still need to know your amp, TS. amp first, pups later.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Quote by suffersystem

True, I have 81/81 but I still like to plug in my Tele for shredd

By the way suffersystem I have the RG100G3 (Randall) if you can answer which amp is more versatile? 333XL or RG100G3
If you try to correct me
I will become alot more wise and insightful than you can possibly imagine.
Quote by Siro78

By the way suffersystem I have the RG100G3 (Randall) if you can answer which amp is more versatile? 333XL or RG100G3

WHY?!!?!?!?!

haha its ok i do that too.. only when im too lazy to pick up my sg.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Well for me Tele + Shred exercises = precome in the fore.

Basic analogy.
If you try to correct me
I will become alot more wise and insightful than you can possibly imagine.
Quote by Siro78

Well, I haven't really played the RG100G3 as far as I know (I try and play any amp that comes within my reach though) but it is solid state as far as I know. I did own the Randall RX half stack for awhile, and although it was a ****ty entry level amp just built as a half stack to get noobs into it, I still thought it did a decent job, and was only 500$.

The Bugera is awesome IMHO and the only thing I would sell it for is a 5150 as metal is pretty much my style of choice. All three channels are great for what they do. Clean stays clean and sounds amazing, wether you like deep bass heavy cleans, or sparkly twangy cleans, it is there. Same with the lead channel, I get some great Metallica, Lamb Of God, etc tones out of it. My only gripe would be that I find the lower tunings don't work as well on the amp, which is something I am trying to work with. Maybe an OD would help solve this or maybe I am just EQ'ing it badly, but for standard to even D standard, it works great.