pretty sure your neck would snap with time from the ridiculous amount of tension it'd be under and it probably wouldn't sound too good.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Simply: It would sound like absolute crap
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
the thicker the strings, the lower the note. so a low E string would snap before you could tune it to a high E two octaves higher.
like I said it would sound like crap because of the above
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
What happens?

Well, then you guitar has all the same type of string. Pretty simple.

Depends what you mean by work though. You could shove them on there and tune them all to E I suppose. If you tried to tune it like a regular guitar I don't think great things would happen as previously mentioned by other people...
a thick string is high tension. 6 thick strings is even higher tension. would your guitar be able to handle that? depends. would it even fit in the nut slot?
SATCH FTW!!!
NSW Group FTW!

There's nothing incredibly interesting here.
You couldn't tune them to standard, if that's what you're thinking. A string has a natural pitch range. That's why you can't tune a bass guitar to treble either.

If you're intending this as some innovative concept, then it's been done before. See Soundgarden - Mind Riot.
You can't tune it up to standard. The tension will be ridiculously high and potentially snap your neck. As well... why would you really want to? It would make your guitar much harder to play.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
It's been said, it would snap your neck.

Although it's possible to tune all the strings down to get a chorus-type effect. See Iris--The Goo Goo Dolls.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE