So yeah- I got a new distortion pedal yesterday, and I tried to connect it to my GT 10 using the send/return outputs and nothing happens...the GT10 just ignores the pedal.
The cables and the pedal are working perfectly if I'm connecting them straight to the amp.
What did I do wrong?
I just got my Boss GT-10 yesterday absolutely love it! Now the problem you've got is due to the fact you don't have the "send/return mode" turned on. If you've got the manual, check the topic "Send/Return" on page 132.
I hope that helps.

have fun
wait...you have a GT10 and you are adding a distortion pedal? Why?

Is there an amp in the mix here too? I could see possibly running a disti pedal in between my guitar and amp and using the GT in the loop but I connected my MultiFX up to my normal pedal chain once it sounded very very bad.

??
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
wait...you have a GT10 and you are adding a distortion pedal? Why?

Is there an amp in the mix here too? I could see possibly running a disti pedal in between my guitar and amp and using the GT in the loop but I connected my MultiFX up to my normal pedal chain once it sounded very very bad.

??

He might have a favorite dist. pedal which creates a tone he can't get with his GT-10. The thing he's doing is he's isn't adding his multi-fx to his effect chain, he's adding his dist. pedal to his virtual effect chain on his multi-fx. One of the brilliant features of the GT-10.

Glad to be able to help.