i dont seem to be getting better at guitar!

i play like 3 hours at least every day, im learning more songs at novice like everyday but im still not getting any better i dont no why

how can i get better

im mostly self taught is that the problem?

u guys happy now?

and my shift buttons broken so cant do caps, nd this key board doesnt have caps lock button it kinda old
Last edited by Mighty-Mayo at Jan 10, 2009,
Quote by epptron
get beta...at spelling and youll do just fine

wow ur an arrogant dumbass
4. fat/ugly girls....just 'cause

I'm actually not really pissed off by any of those things....so you lose.

lol what fat girls piss every one off.
dude im lazy nd cnt b botherd ntypn full wrds nd u no wot i meant so yea,

nd buni-rabit is right lolz
Last edited by Mighty-Mayo at Jan 10, 2009,
Epptron is right. If you can't be bothered to type properly, you can't be bothered to learn guitar, Its about your own self-discipline. About pushing yourself a little more each day. There's no short-cuts so either get working at it properly or consign it to the bin, like your typing.
ya well the more time you spend typing the less you have to acctually play. he can bloody well type how he wants.if he has a problem with the writing he just needs to move on to the next thread instead of being a dumbass he could of written a proper reply and helped someone

dude wot da point in putn in extra letas yet ppl still no wot u mean?

dude im lyk addicted to guitar i play at least 3 hours everyday, im wrkn lyk fully hardout to get beta lookn at tabs above my level nd atempting thm lokn at tabs my level nd nailing thm i dnt get it.
you cant only use tabs to get better you need to try tab something yourself or learn different techniques learn more theory

Don't worry, i'm playing for almost 5 years and i'm still in Alpha v1.05. I guess i will upgrade at some point...
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
dude i know its a free internet and all, but please try to put the effort into typing sentences correctly, its really hard to read lyk srsly.

maybe you should try getting a shedule and practice seriously, by seriously i mean working on chord transition for 10 minutes, and etc etc.
I see you're not using the UG black theme

Originally posted by GOD
akm_202, i now announce you, king of awesome. You may bow down to me.
Quote by Mighty-Mayo

dude im lyk addicted to guitar i play at least 3 hours everyday, im wrkn lyk fully hardout to get beta lookn at tabs above my level nd atempting thm lokn at tabs my level nd nailing thm i dnt get it.

Typing can actually help your guitar playing. Finger excercises, you know? Quick movements, muscle memory...It all comes back to the hands.

You should learn to type. I'm sure I type at least as fast as you or faster, with correct grammar/spelling/punctuation.

So, to get better, you honestly should get better at typing.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
\The only argument that I have for typing properly (2 really)
1. It'll help you in school/writing papers
2. It makes it easier for other people to read, I guess it could be thought of as a repect thing also

- regardless-

You should try something other than *songs. I'm a firm believer in soloing ( or learning the set up for soloing) and so that is what i preach. Learn a pentatonic, and then the notes outside of the scale and put it all together.

You could always try something with finger picking, instead of only "pick" songs (just an assumption). like classical gas or stairway-

And- Most likely you are getting better, it's a subtle thing though.
- to Make ourselves more than we are
Maybe you are getting better slowly and not realizing. Find some scales and learn them, then try and play them faster and faster.
Have a progression of songs.

Start by learning easy songs of just powerchords and then start moving to ones with palm muting and funny rhythms and just get harder and harder.
Quote by Mighty-Mayo

Then why even bother putting in those extra notes in chords? According to your logic, instead of playing an E chord, I could just play an E note. People would GET that I'm trying to play an E.

It's just not the same. learn to type at least semi-well or get out. Or just have buni-rabbit teach you everything.
Quote by Mighty-Mayo

That's probably why you're not progressing at the guitar - if you don't have the patience to write proper sentences then you probably don't have the patience to learn properly.

You'll be surprised how much your attitude to other things can influence semingly unrelated tasks. Guitar requires a certain amount of self-discipline and a lot of attention to detail - those qualities aren't evident in your aproach to posting on a message board so they may not be evident in your approach to guitar either.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
^ This is correct.

You shouldn't drop out of school to focus on your music until you can either write or play guitar PROPERLY. And the point of putting 'more letters in' is so people will actually want to help you, not roll their eyes and want to ridicule you.
Quote by buni_rabit
you cant only use tabs to get better you need to try tab something yourself or learn different techniques learn more theory

Yea i taught myself californication intro

one intro but that was easy

7 nation army most of

the black parade piano intro i taught myself that on guitar lolz

and i got sick of doing that so ive started writing my own riffs but thats just hard lolz.

and tht long as theory lesson confuses me lolz
Quote by Mighty-Mayo
Yea i taught myself californication intro

one intro but that was easy

7 nation army most of

the black parade piano intro i taught myself that on guitar lolz

and i got sick of doing that so ive started writing my own riffs but thats just hard lolz.

and tht long as theory lesson confuses me lolz

I'm serious. Even if it takes you a while, type correctly before you post. It will help you guitar playing. And stop saying lolz, it's just annoying.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
lol-

Patients.. If you do not have the patients to write for help properly, then you surly don’t have the patients to learn the guitar.
- to Make ourselves more than we are
Guys, quit spamming, post properly, and please, at least try to spell correctly.

Quote by Mighty-Mayo

dud, uz mite wnt 2 luk @ ur emals!
Been away, am back
Quote by El Cumanés
Don't worry, i'm playing for almost 5 years and i'm still in Alpha v1.05. I guess i will upgrade at some point...

i swear i opened this thread expecting to see something about beta game testing or something...and after deciphering your super-****ing-insane shorthand writing i'll say this - learning songs is good and all but you have to practice technique and even theory, playing songs helps but sometimes you have to sit down and go through all the needed skills - there are a lot of lessons on UG that can point you in the right direction
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
open a youtube channel, record your self and see the profit weekly

Guitar : Fender CIJ Mustang and a Telecaster
Amp : 76 fender champ
Pedals : BBE green screamer, Big muff, Ibanez LU20 Pedal Tuner, boss loop pedal