i was gonna get a bugera because i wanted a tube amp and didn't want to spend insane amounts of money as I am a bassist mainly but the voume is just too much i've decided. mostly bedroom and garage jamming for me. i'm trying to find a decent amp for power metal and classic rock tones. reverb would be nice but other than that effects aren't necessary. In power metal i like: dream evil, sonata arctica tones. and classic rock think van halen or guns n roses. i'd also like to be able to do low gain stuff...kinda like a tom petty sound if possible. the power metal tones are most important. Any suggestions on a 1 or 2x12 combo? probably solid state as that would be best suited for my volume needs(sadly). A headphone jack would be nice but not necessary.

Try to keep things below the price of bugera combos. so under 500 USD.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
used jcm 800?
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
below 500 with head and cab?
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
You're not really gonna get a cheaper valve combo than a Bugera imo, and if you got a Bugera you'd have to add a little to the original price for a biasing and new valves.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Thats a tough one for that price, unless you are willing to go used. You could snag a used Peavey XXX combo for around that if you look.

Also, I know Jani Liimatainen used to use a PODxt Pro when he was in Sonata Arctica.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
^+1

That is what I would do too. I checked the Toledo craigslist and didn't see much outside of a couple valvetronix amps.

Why not a Valveking, or Vypyr or B-52? The B-52s AT60 112 are on sale on MusiciansFriend.com for I think $360. Snag that. It's pretty versatile. If you want headphones, get the Vypyr.