What are the best instruments to use for vocals in guitar pro? i just wanna know what everyone else uses. i have an almost finished song and i cant decide on what instrument to use for the vocal track. thanks

Edit: my song is finished and i used saw wave so that it "cuts" through the rest of the instruments. if you wanna see it... the top link in my sig.
My Metal (gp5) Songs

Quote by iimjpii

Quote by TEK34
A PE teachers got a shotput in the side of the dead

Head + dead = dead?
Last edited by jamesdtsx at Jan 11, 2009,
Isn't there like a vocals instrument in there?
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Ensemble Strings & Voices section has "Voice Ohhs" and ofcourse the "Synth Voice"
"Fly with me forever high
And with these wings
We'll set the world on fire
Fly with me through scorching skies
You and I - The lie of lies"

-Symphony X
yes use the synths or the vStrings they should do the work.You can try out with organs but i don't think it will be good
Flute is pretty good too.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
It really depends on the timbre and setting of the vocals. In some tunes, a brass instrument might sound best, in other tunes, a woodwind with a softer edge. I don't really use synth voice or voice ohs etc. that much, they almost always feel to subdued.

In heavier songs with a more 'thick' arrangement, I may use stuff like sawtooth lead, because you need a hard edge to cut through the mix at all. On the other hand, in a light ballad with soft crooning, choir ahs for example will fit.
wow thanks for all the advice everyone. and ailes, i award you with best forum poster... i have seen a lot of your posts and you give such helpful answers. thanks
My Metal (gp5) Songs

Quote by iimjpii

Quote by TEK34
A PE teachers got a shotput in the side of the dead

Head + dead = dead?
My voice is really fluffy and light, so I use flute. (Not to toot my own horn, I hate my voice)
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Bassoon.
ಠ_ಠ WILL GIVE HEAD

Quote by Myxer
Have to give you props that the funniest post I read in a while
Quote by GogglesVK

hazardmaster has won this thread.

Fender Stratocaster 57' Reissue (Japanese)
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Quote by Behzad93
I allways use the Alto Sax. Works every time.

This.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
adding on to ts's question, what do you guys use for scream vocals?
and scream haters- i came prepared: *puts up flame barrier*
'If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.' Albert Einstein
the best bets are woodwind instruments as has been said. Clarinet, Oboe, Saxes all work depending on what sound you want.
for a high soprano voice, a flute or piccolo might sound okay but otherwise I wouldn't bother.
all of this of course is personal preference though.

I advise to never use Choir Aahs or Oohs or synth voices.
I also advise to never try and pass a guitar (distortion or clean) off as vocals.
Brass don't work too well either.
Screams are not currently "possible" in GP. nothing really works for that. :/
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Pan flute is best for softer female vocals in my opinion. Flute is a little to harsh.

I love the pan flute sound.
 I always change vocal tracks to jazz guitar
My blog: <a href="http://guitartrance.com">Guitar Trance</a>
Oh hi there 18 year old me.

why do you guys bring up these random old ass threads? lol